Motivations

Options
This one of my favorite quotes, both in life and in fitness:

“People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals - that is, goals that do not inspire them.”
Anthony Robbins

He goes on to say that we need to resolve our inner conflicts to focus on what we do want instead of what we don't want. It seems from my experience most of the struggle in fitness and weight loss is almost entirely psychological and emotional like misery eating or feeling conflicted of wanting to be thin but resenting those that work out regularly, etc. Those have been my experiences at least.

One of the things that really helps me is realizing that action requires planning for me. Once I switched my schedule from trying to work out every other day or trying to work out 3 days in a row to working out two days for every one day of rest, suddenly I was able to stick to it and push through because it felt manageable. Once I stopped resenting my thinnest friend for her perfect figure, I was able to benefit from her habits and advice. I still haven't figured out a full-proof method for emotional eating, however.

What tricks do you use to get yourself to follow through on your body maintenance??