Weight Loss Books

Ok so I just finished reading Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. For all of us dieters this is the funniest book I have ever read. She tells of her struggles, her excuses and her success. I have never laughed out loud to a book and this book made me laugh out loud throughout the whole thing.

For all who have read it, you understand. For those that have not, I highly, highly recommend this read.

Replies

• Ok so I just finished reading Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. For all of us dieters this is the funniest book I have ever read. She tells of her struggles, her excuses and her success. I have never laughed out loud to a book and this book made me laugh out loud throughout the whole thing.

For all who have read it, you understand. For those that have not, I highly, highly recommend this read.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Crap, my library only has one copy and it's checked out. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Bright Lights, Big *kitten* and Bitter is the New Black are also good books by her.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Ok so I just finished reading Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. For all of us dieters this is the funniest book I have ever read. She tells of her struggles, her excuses and her success. I have never laughed out loud to a book and this book made me laugh out loud throughout the whole thing.

Another "fat" book that I loved is "Slow, Fat, Triathlete: Live Your Athletic Dreams in the Body You Have Now" by Jayne Williams. It seriously cracked me up, and I love the fact that the author went ahead and accomplished her goals of triathons regardless of her weight (instead of "I'll wait until I lose weight, and then....") She gives lots of pointers for newbies (and larger than normal newbies) - totally helpful! I'm hoping to accomplish a tri in the near (or distant?) future :wink:
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    The BEST female fitness/fat-loss book I've came across is the one my wife uses:

The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess
    by Lou Schuler, Cassandra Forsythe, and Alwyn Cosgrove.