COTTAGE CHEESE!

Options
carcar03
carcar03 Posts: 23 Member
I bought some today for the first time ever and I'm interested in different ways to eat it.
I'd appreciate some tasty ideas!! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it any more as it is too high in sodium, but I always liked it mixed with fruit.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I like it just plain with a little black pepper on top. Sometimes put some on wheat thins and top with paprika.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i eat cottage cheese on my salad or on a baked potato in place of sour cream
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    That is one thing I can not get down. I can usually eat anything too. I don't know why.
  • prov31ms
    prov31ms Posts: 62
    Options
    I like to scoop & eat it with cucumber slices =0)
  • Nelle914
    Nelle914 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with strawberries or peaches is the best! Its how I eat it :D yum!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    power pancakes:
    1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 4 egg whites, 1 tsp vanilla. mix in the blender. cook like pancakes. yum.
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with cantalope, nuts, and granola! :) Deeeeeelious!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Carcar, I've started substituting cottage cheese as my "side" insead of rice or noodles. I usually add a small pinch of black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Avoid the salt versions if you can, as stated below - can already be high in sodium. Sometimes I mix it with fruit or use it as a dip for my yellow peppers or cucumber slices.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese + Sriracha. You'll thank me ;-)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    first off the sodium in cottage cheese is from natural enzymes so it is NOT the same as eating sodium in processed foods used as a preservative. yes sodium is sodium, but cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein and it is good for you.

now, I add cottage cheese to my salads with balsamic vinegarette dressing, to baked potatoes in stead of sour cream, and in my favorite mushroom casserole recipe from 101cookbooks.com (with greek yogurt subbed for sour cream). Cottage cheese is also good in lagasina and by itself
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love it with tomatoes, salsa, pineapple, peaches, in smoothies.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    With pineapples or peaches mixed in.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    with wheat thins or fresh fruit, preferrably an acidic fruit
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I usually have to hide it in things. I use it for protein pancakes, I mix it with my oatmeal, Mix it with yogurt, and fruit, Or I will mix it with cinamon, and sweetener to dip apple slices in.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I but no salt added (omg of sodium) and do everything with it, cinnamon and stevia and fruit for dessert or spices and pepper as a side dish and OMG I loveeee it!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is wonderful however I eat it! With fruit, with pepper, with canned tomatoes (particularly the kind with onions), with veggies, with spaghetti sauce in any dish. I could go on and on. One of my favorites is on toast, and stuck under the broiler for just a minute to melt it a little.
  • nlhawthorne
    Options
    Lovely in a baked potato. Yum as a "dip" to scoop up with some sliced peppers. But my favourite has to be cottage cheese with pineapple. Mmmm...
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    I like it mixed with a chopped onion, pepper, balsamic vinegar, diced tomato, green pepper and jalapeno.I put that over greens so good. Not a fan of cottage cheese used with sweet foods. The saltiness always makes me want it in a savory dish.
  • alygoo615
    alygoo615 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just pepper, or on a salad, or really good with fruit too!