Wii Fit

Options
okay, about that wii fit- what do 'all think?

I don't believe that you are getting a true workout on it, but i really like doingthe yoga (and some of the strength) exercises on it, because it has you focusing on keeping your center of balance within a shaded area- it measures your balance- and i think that is good for improving your form.

Thats what i think. Oh yes, and the games are waaaaay fun!!

Replies

• gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    okay, about that wii fit- what do 'all think?

I don't believe that you are getting a true workout on it, but i really like doingthe yoga (and some of the strength) exercises on it, because it has you focusing on keeping your center of balance within a shaded area- it measures your balance- and i think that is good for improving your form.

Thats what i think. Oh yes, and the games are waaaaay fun!!
  • sftbutterflykiss
    sftbutterflykiss Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i think its outragouesly expensive thats what i think,,,,,,, when they dont cost sooo much.. i will invest.. but gooddddd geeshhhhhhh.. .. 500 or more... nooo way
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    I have been doing some strength exercises with my trainer where BALANCE is key in being able to perform the move...SO you are getting a good core workout by having to keep yourself balanced.

Just my opinion....:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.... you do get a good workout... well, atleast I do. I go all out when I use my Wii Fit.
    My kids enjoy playing it also. We play against eachother and have tons of fun so.. it was a nice investment.

Just my 2 cents:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    If you're heart rate goes up, it's a workout. The efficiency of that workout depends on how vigorous you are. But you can get some pretty good core work done with the balance exercises. Resistance is great for the core.
  • neha
    neha Posts: 67
    Options
    Its good for balance and Yoga. Hula hoop is good. :P Few of games are good. I weigh in every day for keeping a track of weight and BMI. It keeps track of my goal too. It just keeps u a lil motivated, and is fun too. :glasses:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Neha's got it right! the hoolahoop get me sweating every time... I just keep repeating the exercise 4-5 times before moving on to other things. My rule, do all the yoga and strength training parts. But if a particular aerobic module doesn't get my heartrate up, then I don't bother with it again.

That said.... the WII does not replace my outdoor activities or the gym~
  • Erica92627
    Erica92627 Posts: 576
    Options
    it does help, i think so. At first I was like, no way. I gave it a try and did the leg exercises and the other games and i did feel the burn.

the wii fit is about 89 dollars + your local sales tax. so it is not too bad. I wish it would have been cheaper though.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I did about 4,000 hula hoop spins... my abs were sore. Don't know how many cals I burned b/c I wasn't wearing my HRM. It does help you with your balance and posture.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i love mine. when i wear my HRM i burn over 400 calories. when i really use the step i sweat and burn lots of calories.
    going bowling on sunday, can't wait to see if the bowling i have been doing on the wii makes my game better. LOL.:bigsmile:
    chipper