Sooo ... along with trimming my waistline ...

Shamrock40
Shamrock40 Posts: 264
edited September 26 in Chit-Chat
DH and I have decided to trim our budget and get out of debt, as well. Anyone here do the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey? Also, anyone use a meal-planning service like e-meals? I figured meal planning is a part of losing weight, why not do it for a week or two at a time.

Replies

• cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    we do a modified total money makeover. we used some of dave's idea and made a plan that has helped us get rid of some debt. its so nice seeing the debt go down a little each month.
  • drward
    drward Posts: 10
    I have not done the Ramsey thing but have a friend who did and she is now almost completely debt free!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    LOVE Dave Ramsey!!!! He changed our lives 6 years ago. People still don't understand why we live in a smaller house than we could afford, but we just smile and say, guess who's not stressing about payments we can't afford right now? :) You will NEVER regret this! Best of luck!!!
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Yep! We're Dave Ramsey fans as well. We seen him live two years ago!! We're still working on baby step two. Hopefully, we'll be out of debt minus the house sometime late next year or beginning 2013. :bigsmile:

We did e-mealz (the walmart plan) for a couple of months but it's not for us. I like to be in control of what we're eating. The menus are surprisingly good though! :smile:
  • Shamrock40
    Thank you all for the responses. My husband is super picky about what he eats, and we all eat pretty healthy. I've been trying to eat way less processed stuff than I do, so emealz might work, or it might not. I love to cook, so I'm pretty good at tweaking recipes to fit our needs. I'll have to go over some of the choices with my husband to see what he thinks.

Thanks again!
  • Shamrock40
    LOVE Dave Ramsey!!!! He changed our lives 6 years ago. People still don't understand why we live in a smaller house than we could afford, but we just smile and say, guess who's not stressing about payments we can't afford right now? :) You will NEVER regret this! Best of luck!!!

Yay! Thanks for the encouragement! Congratulations on your success!
  • momof3babes
    momof3babes Posts: 103
    Huge Dave Ramsey fans here! We follow the budget guidelines and it's been wonderful for us!! Good for you!!
This discussion has been closed.