Food scale

Options
After hearing such good things about food scales, I decided to go get me a digital food scale today... Wow, I have been cheating myself out of well deserved food.. I usually put my cooked chicken in a measuring cup that has ounces on it and give myself 4 oz... .Well I put my chicken in the measuring cup tonight and filled it up to 4 oz. Then I put it on my digital scale and it said it was only 2.4 oz worth.... :noway: So basically I have only been giving myself half a portion... I was so full at dinner from eating so much meat that I literally had to force myself to eat the last bite..... Moral of the story, I would definately get a food scale if you dont have one.

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I just bought a new digital scale and it makes a world of difference!
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love my food scale. I use it for everything I can. It has ounces, gram, pounds, kilos.
    Don't know where I would be without it. It keeps me honest
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That is something on my list of things to get asap!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I got one for Christmas that has foods pre-programmed in to it and actually shows the nutrition facts for the food that you place on it and it is AWESOME!
  • mandyschalk
    mandyschalk Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my scale! I use it for everything that I can!! It helps so much with accuracy!!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I was the same way before I bought a food scale. I had made pulled pork the other day and I didn't want to go over, so I bought a food scale. Without the scale, I would have given myself about 2 ounces and logged it in as 4 ounces. Let me tell ya, after I ate the 4 ounces, I was stuffed! Lol!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one :) thanks!
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    My digital food scale is a life-saver!! Haven't gone a single day without using mine for all 3 meals since February :)
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get one. I really want to be as accurate as I can plus another 2 oz is well another two oz :smokin:
  • irishkiss
    irishkiss Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I too have been cheating myself. I use it all the time.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm running to buy me a food scale today! Any little bit to help me eat more. I always feel like I am underestimating my meats.
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    I've always wanted to get one just for my meats! Any recommendations?
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just got mine at walmart for $20.... It weights up to 10 pounds of food and has the ounces/grams.. You can also weight the container, zero it out and then put your food in so you dont have to clean the scale..
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    After hearing such good things about food scales, I decided to go get me a digital food scale today... Wow, I have been cheating myself out of well deserved food.. I usually put my cooked chicken in a measuring cup that has ounces on it and give myself 4 oz... .Well I put my chicken in the measuring cup tonight and filled it up to 4 oz. Then I put it on my digital scale and it said it was only 2.4 oz worth.... :noway: So basically I have only been giving myself half a portion... I was so full at dinner from eating so much meat that I literally had to force myself to eat the last bite..... Moral of the story, I would definately get a food scale if you dont have one.

Well, a common mistake. There are two kinds of ounces: a volume measurement, as on your measuring cups and a weight measure which you get from the scale. Non liquids wil be measured in weight almost always.