Just joined

Options
Hi I just joined and it took me about 20 minutes to figure out how to use the message board. I hope I'm not as slow at trying to lose weight. I am 40 years old and a mom of 3 incredible adult children and 2 step children. I spent my life living for my children and am struggling to find my own identity without just being known as mom. Now that the kids aren't dependent on me I think its time to take care of myself but I don't know where to start. I have 45 pounds to lose which seems impossibe when I think of the number. I keep saying that I will start tomorrow or on Monday. Or that I should get my hair done and get new clothes to motivate me.But I hate clothes shopping. I hate having to go to the plus size section and try to figure out what size I am and nothing ever fits right. I resort to wearing old baggy mens shirts and not realizing how bad I look in them until I see a pictue of myself and then i'm mortified.I have messed up so many family photos. I still end up wearing the same ugly clothes again because they're comfortable. My hair is long and I use it as my shield. My goal is to lose weight, discover what my likes and dislikes are, start living for myself, enjoy shopping and to get a makeover. I really hope this site helps me. Its nice to know that you are not struggling alone.

Replies

• JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    HI! I just joined too. I hate shopping in plus size section too! I think the 50 pounds that I have to lose sounds daunting too. Thanks for sharing your story. Good luck with your weightloss!