New to this site and wanting to say hello!

Options
lblavoie
lblavoie Posts: 31 Member
Hi there, I'm new to the site and wanted to say hello and see how people are doing. Does this really work? Any pointers/tips? I just had a baby and I've been losing weight, but still need to lose another 25lbs. for my goal weight. Looking for support and ideas from all!:smile:

Replies

• esq2man
    esq2man Posts: 30
    Options
    This site is amazing with amazing and supportive people helping you every step of the way. I could never have lost the weight I did without MFP. Welcome
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and yes, this is a great site to keep you focused, get support, and track things easily. People are very nice, there's so much good information, and there's even a cool App for your phone if you're into that sort of thing! Feel free to friend me if you'd like! Best of luck to you!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You're gonna love it! Yes, it does work when you log your calories and exercise and MFP makes all of that super easy with the computer and phone apps. The friends you'll find on here are totally amazing and wonderful. There is lots and lots of support and encouragement. Best wishes on your weight loss journey!
  • louwho36
    louwho36 Posts: 53
    Options
    I just joined today and already there is so much support and encouragement. You are going to love it.
  • lblavoie
    Options
    Thank you!! I'm really excited!:smile:
  • garifuna
    garifuna Posts: 24
    Options
    This site helps. It really helps to become friends with others, as this will help you build a support network. You can do it!!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    In my opinion this site definetly works, not only because of the amazing support you get from friends, but also because if you are ready and want to do it, you will learn so much about what mistakes you are making when it comes to food. Before I started tracking what I put into my body, I was "blissfully unaware" of how fast the calories were building up and how much I was actually hurting myself. I have learned how to manage my diet in a way that I am satisfied without going overboard!

Best of luck to you and I hope you get what you are hoping to get out of this!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    I'm new too! Let's lose this weight together :) so far so good. yayy.
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes it really works!! I was the person who started a diet every Monday but that changed when I started this site. I actually stuck to it and as of today I am down 10lbs. That was almost 6 weeks ago.

I just read a great post that listed tips for new members just starting out.. I'll come back and post it if I can find it. Welcome!! You'll love it here. :)
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Blows Weight Watchers out of the water! I have made many good friends and have lost 12 pounds in about 5 weeks.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I started last month. Loving it! Best wishes on your journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • shannonlove
    Options
    Keep positive and keep realistic goals! Good job
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome to mfp. This site does work as long as you stick to logging your calories and exercising. Good luck! And congrats on the new bundle of joy :)
  • lblavoie
    Options
    :smile: Thank you all for your support! I'm excited to get going and lose these lbs.!!!!!