Hi, I'm new and new to being a vegan. Could use some vegan s

Options
Hi There,
I never counted calories before and I think this site is great! They make it so easy for you to count calories and maintain your health. So far I'm excited to put in what I eat for the day. I never though counting calories could be fun!

I've recently learned the truth about how bad 'Factory Farmed' meats are for you (very scary stuff!), and I've decided to go vegetarian. I've always loved vegetables and I hardly eat beef or chicken as it is, but my fear is trying to stay away from dairy because I love, absolutely LOVE, cheese; along with eggs and fish. Also, I fear what people might think; especially my family and my fiance who doesn't have a healthy mind set like I do.

I hope I'm not alone, and I'm more than happy to accept any tips or suggestions.

Thanks,
AriyaSnow

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    www.goneraw.com

I love this site ~
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Are you going vegan or vegetarian? If you're vegetarian, you can still have dairy products :) Personally I am a consider myself a conscious omnivore and chose to only buy organic and humanely raised animal products. I'm always happy to talk about vegetarian and vegan options because I have chosen those lifestyles in the past. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to dish!

~Jenn
  • Margi2
    Margi2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I intend to be veganish after an awsome liver cleansing diet that my daughter and I did last week. She is 25 and does pX every day. She looks awsome but building a body thru PX and maintaining a healthy weight and sculpted body go hand in hand. I'm sure you will contiune to your goal! Best of luck.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I dont know where you live- but if you could find a small organic farmer you can get free range eggs and non factory farm milk. Just a thought if you really want to still eat eggs and milk. Good Luck
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the opposite of a vegan/vegetarian but I respect them.

I would try some farmers markets if you are concerned. I can find organic and free range farmers at them easier.

Personally, I don't care but I hope that helps you. :)
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    hey, awesome. i'd be a vegan if i didn't love delicious beef, pork and chicken. good luck in your endeavors.