Would you take this as a compliment?

Options
2»

Replies

• erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would take it as a compliment! I am the oldest of three...I am 36..my baby sister (I will ALWAYS call her my baby sister!) is 26. People always think she is older than me. Makes me feel good..especially since I have 3 kids..and she has none....now if I could do something about the grays coming out :blushing:
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    Sometimes my kids get so embarressed. The other day, I picked up my so at school and my son's friends (not close friends) thought I was his girlfriend. He came up and said, hi you must be Shelly, Mickey's girlfriend, I said no, I am his mom. He thought I was kidding until my son said, dude really she is my mom. He then apologized and turned really red.
  • TXSweet
    TXSweet Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't be insulted, be HONORED!! Just the other day while getting my 8 yr old shoes, somehow my age came up (47) the young adult clerks all about hit the floor!! "NO way, you're not THAT old" ... LOL It's a blessing to look and feel young ... enjoy it!!! Shortly after we moved into our true "first home" (one we built ourselves) almost 12 years ago, a salesperson came to the door & when my husband & I answered, they asked to speak to our parents ... we were thirty-something at the time!!!! We just stood there & busted out laughing as the three kids we had at the time came running down the stairs!!! Enjoy your youthful appearance & have the heart & spirit to go with it!!! (You should see the looks we get when we actually PLAY on the playground WITH our kids!!!!)
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed!! I was 38 when my daughter started college too. We also married at 18 and 19 and had my oldest 1 month after I turned 20. But because I'm so large, my face looks so much older. When I lost 110lbs a few years ago, people thought I was a lot younger too. Sometimes I think our weight ages us.
  • Nkauj_Lis
    Nkauj_Lis Posts: 70
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed!! I was 38 when my daughter started college too. We also married at 18 and 19 and had my oldest 1 month after I turned 20. But because I'm so large, my face looks so much older. When I lost 110lbs a few years ago, people thought I was a lot younger too. Sometimes I think our weight ages us.

I agree... our age does make us look so much older.