C25k week 6....

Options
did Week 6, day 2 today on the treadmill and totally rocked it! i ran those (2) 10 minute runs like i had been doing them all my life...i don't know whether to laugh or cry when i think back to how hard it was to run those 60 seconds back in week one!!! I still haven't mastered the 20 minute straight though, but i think i am making good progress!

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Right on!!! Graduated C25K and never thought it would have been possible... Your doing awesome!!!!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I don't know you but I am proud of you.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    .i don't know whether to laugh or cry

:laugh: definitely always choose laughing over crying :sad: !! great job! i remember you - you posted after trying the first 20-min long run. you're doing really great!

keep up the kick azz work! :flowerforyou:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    YAY! Good for you! I just switched over to C210K from C25k. I couldn't handle the long runs on c25k (I literally repeated EVERY day up to week 4 when I switched over). C210k has shorter runs and longer recovery walks but you do the intervals 8-12 times (so it's really building up endurance for when the longer runs do come). Each session close to an hour. (I was also getting frustrated on c25k - I'd just start sweating and it would be over. LOL!)

Rock on girl! You'll get that 20 minute run down in no time. (and I hear ya about looking back at w1/d1. I only made it through 1/2 the workout! :laugh:
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    YAY! Good for you! I just switched over to C210K from C25k. I couldn't handle the long runs on c25k (I literally repeated EVERY day up to week 4 when I switched over). C210k has shorter runs and longer recovery walks but you do the intervals 8-12 times (so it's really building up endurance for when the longer runs do come). Each session close to an hour. (I was also getting frustrated on c25k - I'd just start sweating and it would be over. LOL!)

Rock on girl! You'll get that 20 minute run down in no time. (and I hear ya about looking back at w1/d1. I only made it through 1/2 the workout! :laugh:

i'm gonna check that C210k out...might be fun just to have a longer workout to throw in a couple days a week...
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    did Week 6, day 2 today on the treadmill and totally rocked it! i ran those (2) 10 minute runs like i had been doing them all my life...i don't know whether to laugh or cry when i think back to how hard it was to run those 60 seconds back in week one!!! I still haven't mastered the 20 minute straight though, but i think i am making good progress!

Looks like we are at the EXACT same spot. That 20 minute run is haunting me! We'll get there eventually!
  • TS65
    Options

i'm gonna check that C210k out...might be fun just to have a longer workout to throw in a couple days a week...

I found it on the iphone apps (for some reason it was different than the one I found online. just an FYI)
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    Great job!!! I love the days where you feel like you could run forever! I ran yesterday and really struggled with my 30 minutes, I finished, but took a couple of 30 second water breaks, I just wasn't feeling it yesterday! Hoping for a good outside run tomorrow.

Keep at it!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Awesome inspiration! I just started week 2 yesterday, so you have filled me with hope, because I never saw myself as a runner.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You got this one in the BAG! :smile:

I still think the first three minutes is the hardest. I can go up to five miles now, but that first few minutes is always brutal!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post - it's very inspiring as I start week 2 next week. When I get to the end of my 60 seconds, I'm thinking "Oh THANK GOD!!!" I'm hoping I can pull off the 90 seconds, but I'm determined to push through it. Today will be my 5th day of the Week 1 cycle and I'm massively proud of myself for running (ok, and walking) 5 out of 7 days. Best of all, my super-duper heavy duty running bra came in today, so there will be less motion :wink:
  • TS65
    Options
    We should start a C25K/C210K support post! It's awesome to see other people doing it!

**UPDATE - I started a post... go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218954-c25k-c210k-support-group?page=1#posts-2885909

Sorry, I hope I didn't "hijack" this post. :o)