Who woulda thunk?? ;)

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
So, I weighed first thing this morning and had a maintain.....or so I thought.

Not to be too graphic, but I have been a little...erm...backed up the last couple of days and my monthly is due any day now. SO, I have had my usual cup of coffee and 24 ounces of water first thing, then I hit the gym and worked out WELL and had MORE water...but I sweat off a lot too......I also had a Kashi bar and a bit of yogurt and muesli they were giving away as samples at Trader Joes...

I got home and thought "What the heck"...so I weighed again. I just felt lighter. I think I had sweat off a lot of the water and the food I had didn't weigh a lot........... And it was actually down 1.5 lbs from the weight it was first thing this morning. Wooo 1.5 lb loss this week!! YES!

Soo, I am wondering if mornings aren't a great time to weigh. I often wake up feeling kind of bloated and also my body needs time to sort of......rid itself.....of other waste! (trying to avoid making it too graphic!! hehe)........

Anyway, just curious if any of you have had similar experiences??? Also, this is a very good example of why we shouldn't put our entire weight loss success on the results of the scale!! :wink:

-Tam

By the way, I got off and on like 20 times before I believed the 1.5 lb loss!! :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    So, I weighed first thing this morning and had a maintain.....or so I thought.

Not to be too graphic, but I have been a little...erm...backed up the last couple of days and my monthly is due any day now. SO, I have had my usual cup of coffee and 24 ounces of water first thing, then I hit the gym and worked out WELL and had MORE water...but I sweat off a lot too......I also had a Kashi bar and a bit of yogurt and muesli they were giving away as samples at Trader Joes...

I got home and thought "What the heck"...so I weighed again. I just felt lighter. I think I had sweat off a lot of the water and the food I had didn't weigh a lot........... And it was actually down 1.5 lbs from the weight it was first thing this morning. Wooo 1.5 lb loss this week!! YES!

Soo, I am wondering if mornings aren't a great time to weigh. I often wake up feeling kind of bloated and also my body needs time to sort of......rid itself.....of other waste! (trying to avoid making it too graphic!! hehe)........

Anyway, just curious if any of you have had similar experiences??? Also, this is a very good example of why we shouldn't put our entire weight loss success on the results of the scale!! :wink:

-Tam

By the way, I got off and on like 20 times before I believed the 1.5 lb loss!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's WONDERFUL!!!! You are such an inspiration! Keep on keeping on, Tam!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Good news Tam
    I usually weigh first thing in the am (before eating, drinking, working out)
    I figure as long as I keep it consistent (weigh in time) I can track if I start to gain...

Kim
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow - look at you go!!! Yeah - if you can wait until after you've "eliminated" it might be best for you. I think the really important thing is to keep the routine similar. So maybe you decide to wait until 10:00 or so after working out and eating - just do it about the same every week and it should be consistent. Plus then your body will have had time to do its thing lol (not toooo graphic) and you will be rid of that weight anyway!! You are looking absolutely fantabulous!!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I find the same thing. I get up, use the washroom, then weigh. Sometimes I'll weigh again after being up awhile and showering and I'll see I've dropped a pound or 2. I think I must bloat overnight or something :grumble:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting to weigh myself through out the day just to see sometimes. I find that my weight can flexuate 1-2 lbs in a day. I think it doesnt matter when you weigh, just as long as you are consistant.

And by the way..... you are doing great! I read your posts, and you are such an inspiration. Thanks, and keep up the great work!
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too! I usually wait until after breakfast.. you would think it would be higher after eating, but once i've been up for a little bit, used the bathroom, etc.. the scale and i become much better friends.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I just read something that the mornings are the best time to weigh yourself , but with that being said it isn't a rule and everyone is different. Also in the same article it said you can lose a pound or two after you exercise. But it won't stay off it's just all that sweating. But again you said you jumped on and off several times.
    Congrats:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I just read something that the mornings are the best time to weigh yourself , but with that being said it isn't a rule and everyone is different. Also in the same article it said you can lose a pound or two after you exercise. But it won't stay off it's just all that sweating. But again you said you jumped on and off several times.
    Congrats:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
    Hey, yeah..I have thought about that too! I am pretty confident I lost something though because I had....movement...before I weighed again, which makes a big difference too......Also, I drink A LOT of water, so I would think even with the sweating at the gym, the scale would have been higher because of the water I drink....not sure though. We will see how the scale acts next week!! :wink:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg you are rockin' your way down to your goal my sweet sista!!!:heart:

I'm soooo proud of you and that is a good point, especially if you're bloated from too much salt for the dinner or snack you had the night before....:ohwell:

but consistency is key...and you are consistently losing those pounds girl!!! soooo inspiring.....wooo you!!!:bigsmile:

love ya and big hugs because I'm soooo proud of you!
    Ali :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Imagine if you would have gotten on 1st thing this morning???

Awesome job Tiramisu!:drinker: <--- 2 more jugs of agua for ya!