Quick question about exercise

Options
I am having people over for dinner and they have bought a dessert. I know I am going to want to try some and usually I would work out to counteract that, but I don't really have the time to do it as they are here and won't leave until about 10pm, and I need an early night. I know this will take me over my calories for the day. Would it really matter if I exercised tomorrow to work off the icecream and had a deficit tomorrow instead or should I make the time to work out tonight since I am having dessert?

Replies

• amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    i say have ur treat tonight and eat and exercise like u normally do tomorrow going over calories one day is not gonna make u gain
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You are overthinking. It is one day, and your body has no concept of when a day ends and a new day begins. Enjoy your dessert!
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Being too obsessed about making the exact number every day will drive you crazy. Little splurges every once in a will will keep you going. View it in terms of how you do over a week. Tomorrow is soon enough to work out.

Some days your a little over, some days be a little under.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    It is only one day and it is a special occasion. Have a small piece of dessert and don't fret over it. One small piece, one day won't hurt you. :)
  • Lex401
    Lex401 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    im so glad u posted this cuz i just had dessert and freaked out that i went over but i been doing good so i guess this can be my treat =D
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day so enjoy your dessert tonight. It's all about balance. One treat here and there will not affect you as long as you maintain a regular healthy lifestyle.

hope that helps :)
  • muncharoo
    muncharoo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with everybody that posted before me!!! Enjoy life every once in a while. In moderation that is :)
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Today I had a Drumstick. I had to, it was so darn hot outside. So I planned on having an even smaller dinner to make up for it. Next time if you know you'll be having desert or an unhealthy snack just plan ahead and take out something else. But, I think we really need those little breaks of yumminess to keep us going and not binge. And, if you do go over your limit don't stress about it. Tomorrow is another day. Good luck.