Snickering Children & the parents who don't give a damn (Ran

Options
2»

Replies

• eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi love the pictures!!

I am a mum of three my oldest being six and there is no way I would tollerate them talking to anyone like that. I have been told I'm too stricked by my fellow mum friends but I'm not the one with my kids running wild. My oldest is going through a mouthy stage at the moment but she by no means gets away with it and she wouldn't even dream of talking to an adult like that.

as for modern parenting I have no time for it j got told on a mums forum that telling my three year old that the police will tell me off if he takes his seat belt off is child abuse and that i shouldnt of toold him off for hitting his sister when he was 2 because he's "just a baby and doesn't know what he's doing" my veiw is if you can't control them at 2 what the hell are you going to do when they are older.

sorry rant over great pics by the way

PROPS to you for being a REAL parent!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Oh you're in San Diego! It's in La Mesa...it's Harry Griffin Park. It's beautiful! You should go!

I'll have to check it out. I take a spinning class (the yarn kind, not the exercise kind) in La Mesa every Wednesday.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Thanks

Oh you're in San Diego! It's in La Mesa...it's Harry Griffin Park. It's beautiful! You should go!

I'll have to check it out. I take a spinning class (the yarn kind, not the exercise kind) in La Mesa every Wednesday.

OHHH! Do you go to Two Sisters Ewe? That's the only yarn store I can think of lol...minus Michael's.

Oh def do! It's a huge park...HUGE. Google it for directions :)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your experience with the bratty kids. My son is 7, autistic and he knows better than to do something like that. A lot of parents don't take the time to teach their kids manners today, especially the parents who have a child with special needs. I find that they think their children are exempt from the need to have manners. However, I think that even though my child has special needs he also needs to function as a polite citizen. He knows his manners and he knows that if he is mouthy or won't share he is going to have things taken away and get a swat on his rear end. I treat him like he is a normal child and expect him to do everything a normal child does. Even though he doesn't talk much, he still says please thank you, hi, bye and all the other polite things that come with having real manners. He is obsessed with his video games and the computer, but he also knows that we have to take time out, even on school days, to work on his speech and writing and addition and subtraction. He is a very smart kid, and I will not let that smartness go to his head and make him one of the brats who thinks he can have and do anything he wants. He gets rewarded for his big accomplishments (such as his first dentist appointment last week where he did much better than expected) and he gets small things for his small accomplishments. Small accomplishments get him small awards, like a 99 cent hot wheels car or a pack of sugar free gum. Big accomplishments get him a trip to either best buy or game stop and maybe some pizza if we have the cash.

Your pictures really are beautiful and I love the pictures of the flowers. One of my friends is a photographer and you could give her a run for her money... Although she photographs babies and not nature.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options

OHHH! Do you go to Two Sisters Ewe? That's the only yarn store I can think of lol...minus Michael's.

Oh def do! It's a huge park...HUGE. Google it for directions :)

Yeah, but I haven't been there since they moved it. I liked it where it was before. I also go to La Mesa about every other Friday for the farmer's market. Been getting some awesome blood oranges from there.