Goodbye Fat Clothes!

Options
StuAblett
StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
Today we were doing some spring cleaning, we live in Tokyo Japan, we are blessed with a nice new decent sized place to live, but it is still small and cramped compared to Canada, where I'm from. Part of my spring cleaning was to put away all my winter clothes and dig out my summer clothes. While putting away my winter clothes, I tossed out anything that has become too large for me, I've lost 50lbs, so there was quite the stack. Then when I was getting out my summer stuff, I did the same thing, I tossed all my Fat summer clothes. In the end it was one VERY FAT bag of clothes, kind of fitting that :bigsmile:

My wife was a little concerned that I was getting rid of these clothes, as she has seen me yoyo on other diets, but I keep reminding her (and myself) that this is not a diet, it is a fundamental change in my lifestyle.

I'm wearing t-shirts and such that I've not been able to wear for 3 or 4 years, I'm very happy about it, I've still got 50lbs to lose and a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I'm making it day by day.

Thanks to all my friends on MFP, you really do inspire me!

Cheers!

Replies

• AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    That is so awesome! Keep up the good work.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on the weight loss and I agree I am not on a diet, but a healthy life style. I constantly remind my hubby and myself this is not temporary but permanent. Keep up the phenomenal work on being healthy
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work! I agree with getting rid of the clothes. I have done the same.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    awesome Job Stu, you are Amazing!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    toss em!!! get em outta there!! u go! very proud of ur accomplishments thus far. u did the hard part! u got started! and uve stuck with it! thats amazing in itself. best of luck to u on ur journey!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful. . . And you are totally right in getting rid of all those clothes, not giving yourself a reason to get back in them!:smile:
  • Kindrex83
    Kindrex83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope to get where you are. I bet it feels wonderful. Very inspiring to me!
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You have to put the past behind you to move forward into the future. I think if you held on to the clothes you were expecting to fail. So KUDOS!!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    chuck 'em out and set fire to them! You will NEVER go back there!!! If you do, the MFP police will find you!!!!! :laugh:

:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!