Salt & Vinegar Craving....

Options
I know someone in the wonderful world of MFP knows of a snack that is not greasy chips that are salt and vinegar! Please let me know what your favs are! Thanks! :)

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I just posted this on another post... but salt and vinegar pop chips! 100 cals in 18 chips... they sell them in personal bags (100 cals) and larger family size bags... I LOVE THEM! :)
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I second that! pop chips salt and vinegar do everything I need them to and more! :) Love love love them!
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Easy Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas

Adapted from Homemade Salt & vinegar Chips and Green Beans.

Ingredients:

* 2 cups canned chickpeas
    * 3-4 cups white vinegar
    * 1 tsp Coarse sea salt (or kosher salt)
    * 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions: Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Take chickpeas and vinegar and place in a medium sized pot. Add a dash of sea salt. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425F. Carefully drain chickpeas. Place on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated. Roast for 45 minutes, flipping once half way through. Keep a careful eye on them after 35 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn. The goal here is crispy and golden chickpeas, not black

This recipe will work with almonds too but instead of boiling do shake and bake style with all ingredients before putting in the pan and lower temp to 200 :}
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Make your own salt&vinegar "chips" at home. I tried this recipe awhile back, although I baked the chips instead of grilled them, and they were delicious. Could do it with sweet potatoes as well.

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/grilled-salt-vinegar-potatoes-recipe.html
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Haha the craving must be going around! :) TY I will definitely have to try to find these! :)
  • strapple
    strapple Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Make your own salt&vinegar "chips" at home. I tried this recipe awhile back, although I baked the chips instead of grilled them, and they were delicious. Could do it with sweet potatoes as well.

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/grilled-salt-vinegar-potatoes-recipe.html
    salt and vinegar baked french 'fries' could be a delicious alternative too
  • xlacijeanx
    Options
    This sounds fantastic! I'm going to have to make these- thanks! :)
  • xlacijeanx
    Options
    Those look DELISH! TY for sharing! :)