OMG WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD

Options
OMG so I was in the kitchen making coffee at 6am and 2 police cruisers drove by doing like 140km/h. We naturally thought there was an accident as we live in a rural area and nut much more than that happens around her.

Well was I wrong...my husband just called me from his work and just down the road from him is a church where apparently a man has himself barricaded in with a machette(unknown if there are others inside)
And one of those cruisers that passed my house at 6am lost control of his police car and rolled it....OMG!

So apparently our small town isn't equiped to deal with this alone so over 80 neighbouring police have been called in from as far as Toronto(3 hours away)....WOW

I will post an update when I find out all the details.....but I just leave you all with one question:

WHAT IN THE H8!! IS GOING ON IN THIS CRAZY WORLD??????????

LOL Maybe he didn't win the 649 either last night:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    OMG so I was in the kitchen making coffee at 6am and 2 police cruisers drove by doing like 140km/h. We naturally thought there was an accident as we live in a rural area and nut much more than that happens around her.

Well was I wrong...my husband just called me from his work and just down the road from him is a church where apparently a man has himself barricaded in with a machette(unknown if there are others inside)
    And one of those cruisers that passed my house at 6am lost control of his police car and rolled it....OMG!

So apparently our small town isn't equiped to deal with this alone so over 80 neighbouring police have been called in from as far as Toronto(3 hours away)....WOW

I will post an update when I find out all the details.....but I just leave you all with one question:

WHAT IN THE H8!! IS GOING ON IN THIS CRAZY WORLD??????????

LOL Maybe he didn't win the 649 either last night:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Sad part is here in Chicago, that isn't uncommon! :ohwell:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    same here! i grew up in small town iowa, I live in Minneapolis and police at our apt. complex is a daily occurence! yikes!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    :angry: For awhile, here in Indy, there was one murder every day for about 14 days, starting in July. I haven't kept up with it to see if it's been a continuing trend, but.....do NOT get me started about what is going on in our world today. I"m way too opinionated, would probably offend, and my language is way too colorful to share.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I agree that sometimes things seems a little mad, I had a similar experience two years ago. My husband and I woke up and turned on the news and I said it sounded like helicopters were above our house, looked out the window and both entrances and exits to our gated community had police at them and cops swarming the neighborhood and then the swat team truck rolled by.

We turned on the news and found out that 5 people had been murdered down the street, including a 16 year old girl and a 12 year old boy. It freaked us out, news vans all over for days and we couldn't get into our community without answering questions by police and showing our valid state identifications.

Long story short, they caught the main suspect and believe that he is not giving up an accomplice, the guy is crazy and the family should have probably asked for police protection but they were working on gathering evidence as state witnesses for another case involving insurance fraud against the suspect.

What is even harder to deal with is when you live in a big city and you see stuff happening and it isn't considered "news worthy", that is when you truly realize that there are a lot of desperate, angry or just plain crazy people in the world.
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    The world is a really scary thing, I sometimes wonder why I brought my innocent children into this world. I still have goosebumps over what just happened in Manitoba. Really really scary stuff.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    UPDATE:

The police are not releasing too much info yet but the stand off is over and it was a 15 year old boy and he had his mother and sister held captive. They ended up evacuating an entire subdivision, apparently this boy had grenades and explosives and a machette.
    Please explain to me how a 15 year old has access to there things.....
    gosh I remember how hard it was at 15 to get my hands on a bit of beer for a party.....LOL!
    How this world has changed.:brokenheart: