Scale: that naughty naughty minx

Options
jenc555
jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
You'd think I'd remember this: sometimes the scale lies and masks the truth! I did not gain 3 pounds this week, especially with dropped caloric intake and extra workouts. Of course I know this. But it's still frustrating. I will keep my face to the ground and keep going. Consistency is key. I know this.

Can I get an amen from the mfp congregation?

Replies

• carrie_lebel
    Options
    Aaaaaaaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Amen Sista!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Amen!!
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
  • maryritt529
    Options
    Hallelujah!!!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your comment "Consistency is key" is so very true. Sometimes when I used to go running I would see some old lady or gentleman slowly jogging along the trail. When I was jogging by (being a little younger still at only 49) would be thinking: " Glad I am not that slow". Then of course, after some time would stop exercising, start to overeat, gain lots of weight, become unfit. Then sometime later would spot the same old lady/gent again and think: Wow, I wish I could be that fast and consistent". SLow and steady does indeed win the race. HUrrah for the turtles. Before long hope to be that old gent slowly but happily shuffling along. Life is good.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    amen amen amen
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Amen from me, too!

I gained 1 1/2 pound this week but. . .

Lost 2% bodyfat!

I am SO glad that I learned how to use this function on my scale and started tracking. Now. . . to find the tape measure!
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    amen! I gained recently too, even though my clothes all fit looser and I have upped my workouts considerably and have been eating less and cleaner. Whatever! lol
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    Your comment "Consistency is key" is so very true. Sometimes when I used to go running I would see some old lady or gentleman slowly jogging along the trail. When I was jogging by (being a little younger still at only 49) would be thinking: " Glad I am not that slow". Then of course, after some time would stop exercising, start to overeat, gain lots of weight, become unfit. Then sometime later would spot the same old lady/gent again and think: Wow, I wish I could be that fast and consistent". SLow and steady does indeed win the race. HUrrah for the turtles. Before long hope to be that old gent slowly but happily shuffling along. Life is good.

Amen to that! I am constantly trying to remind myself that it is not about what the scale says, it is about the fact that I want to be fit and healthy. When the day comes that I am a grandma, I don't want to be the grandma who can't bend over, or sit on the floor and play, or turn a jump rope (if they still have those...) or who can't fit a child on her lap. I want to be happily shuffling and playing and dancing along. (Now if my kids would just get busy finding themselves spouses, that would also be helpful.)
  • jenc555
    jenc555 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hurrah for the turtles indeed! Love that!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! Glad to know I am not alone in feelings this way. The scale is the devil and its a lie.
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol same with me! It feel discouraging so I have decided to weigh myself once a week. It'll be hard but I gotta do it!
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. It just means that if you stay good that you will have some big drops coming. Wait for it... and then BAM!
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Amen!!!
  • Lillyzar
    Lillyzar Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I love this!!! So true. To think also of all the mileage that they have slowly racked up!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Happens to me all the time. It just means that if you stay good that you will have some big drops coming. Wait for it... and then BAM!

So true, I've been at the same weight for a few months after steadily dropping. Finally, after sticking to my diet I am starting to lose again. YAY!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!