Spaghetti

Options
Hey guys I am making some spaghetti for dinner but I am not sure how to figure out the serving size or how many calories....do I just need to guess based on the ingredients I use? I use canned tomato sauce (but I add stewed tomatoes and garlic), 93% lean hamburger meat, mushrooms, onion, green peppers, whole wheat spaghetti pasta, and some seasonings.... Any help or suggestions would be great!!!

Also, I know ground turkey would be better but hubby hates it so ground hamburger it is...

Replies

• Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    I would use the recipe tab of the program, add the items you want, then you can adjust the amounts and serving size based on how many calories you are allotting to the dinner. Since the noodles have to be dry measured, I've found it easier to weigh mine and then cooked in a small pan separate from the rest of the family- but last time I did a pre and post cooking measure and 2oz dry noodles (whole wheat) = 6.8oz cooked.
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    enter your ingredients under the recipe section of your food. :)
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls - I have never used the recipe tab...will be doing so in the future! Thanks!!! :happy:
  • erinmkc
    erinmkc Posts: 3
    Options
    Never knew there was a recipe tab. Good to know! Enjoy your spaghetti :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Try looking for spaghetti squash. My girlfriend turned me onto it and I LOVE it. It's a little crunchier than regular noodles, but I still use the same sauce I always have because the squash is much healthier. I also use ground turkey. I can't tell a difference between that and beef. I think your hubby is just being difficult. lol Tell him he can either eat it or starve!!!