Tony Horton's 5 things to help you decide, commit, and succe

Options
RachVR6
RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
1. Purpose – You need better reasons for why you exercise. You also have to figure out if you can/want to consistently eat healthy foods. I've been in the fitness industry for 25 years and I've seen it all. Along the way I've learned that the people who put weight lose as priority 1 always suffer from short term results combined with great fluctuations in weight, inches, and wardrobes. If you're using fitness programs and diet plans for the sole purpose of losing weight and fitting in smaller dresses, STOP! Stop focusing on the things that you can't control and understood the same day you choose to move and eat right. Weight lose is in the future. Improved fitness, health, quality of life, feeling good, and being less vulnerable to illness and injury happen TODAY, if you exercise and eat right.

2. Consistency – Workout 5 to 6 days a week for the rest of your life! Not 2, not 3, not 4. Five to six days a week for the rest of your life. All the things you want in life come from constantly working for them. When you're sick or injured, rest. When you're not, get to work... for the rest of your life. You get better, stronger, healthier, thinner, and happier when you're consistent.

3. Intensity – You're tougher than you think! Up the rep count on resistance exercises. Bring It on cardio day and up the ante anywhere and every way you can. This doesn't mean kill yourself. You're a 51-year-young woman, not a high school football player, so add common sense to your level of intensity. It's always possible to maintain good form while pushing hard. The number 1 comment after every one of my fitness camps is... "I discovered that I'm tougher than I thought."

4. Patience – Anything worth having takes time. The citizens of the USA want it NOW! Guess what, NOW is fleeting and worthless. Empty promises of quick fixes always lead to disappointment. Patience and Consistency go hand in hand. You'll need to embrace both equally. If your purpose is on track then there's no reason the tortoise won't beat the hare time and time again. Patience is virtuous so take the high road and be resigned in the belief that all good thing come to those who wait and work hard along the way.

5. The Plan – Plan all your workouts a month in advance. Make an appointment with yourself 5 to 6 days a week. Figure out the day, the time and the specific workout and put it on your calendar. Do this on the last few days of the month (for the following month) every month for the rest of your life.

Find a good reason to be fit and healthy for the rest of your life. Stay consistent, work hard, be patient and plan ahead.

Replies

• RachVR6
    Options
    1. Purpose – You need better reasons for why you exercise. You also have to figure out if you can/want to consistently eat healthy foods. I've been in the fitness industry for 25 years and I've seen it all. Along the way I've learned that the people who put weight lose as priority 1 always suffer from short term results combined with great fluctuations in weight, inches, and wardrobes. If you're using fitness programs and diet plans for the sole purpose of losing weight and fitting in smaller dresses, STOP! Stop focusing on the things that you can't control and understood the same day you choose to move and eat right. Weight lose is in the future. Improved fitness, health, quality of life, feeling good, and being less vulnerable to illness and injury happen TODAY, if you exercise and eat right.

2. Consistency – Workout 5 to 6 days a week for the rest of your life! Not 2, not 3, not 4. Five to six days a week for the rest of your life. All the things you want in life come from constantly working for them. When you're sick or injured, rest. When you're not, get to work... for the rest of your life. You get better, stronger, healthier, thinner, and happier when you're consistent.

3. Intensity – You're tougher than you think! Up the rep count on resistance exercises. Bring It on cardio day and up the ante anywhere and every way you can. This doesn't mean kill yourself. You're a 51-year-young woman, not a high school football player, so add common sense to your level of intensity. It's always possible to maintain good form while pushing hard. The number 1 comment after every one of my fitness camps is... "I discovered that I'm tougher than I thought."

4. Patience – Anything worth having takes time. The citizens of the USA want it NOW! Guess what, NOW is fleeting and worthless. Empty promises of quick fixes always lead to disappointment. Patience and Consistency go hand in hand. You'll need to embrace both equally. If your purpose is on track then there's no reason the tortoise won't beat the hare time and time again. Patience is virtuous so take the high road and be resigned in the belief that all good thing come to those who wait and work hard along the way.

5. The Plan – Plan all your workouts a month in advance. Make an appointment with yourself 5 to 6 days a week. Figure out the day, the time and the specific workout and put it on your calendar. Do this on the last few days of the month (for the following month) every month for the rest of your life.

Find a good reason to be fit and healthy for the rest of your life. Stay consistent, work hard, be patient and plan ahead.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I love Tony Horton.

Thanks for sharing!
    :flowerforyou:
  • apigchangedmylife
    Options
    Tony Horton is awesome.:love:
    He makes Power90 doable for me.

Thanks!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. I love the first one about the dress size!
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    I like it, this would look good blown up and framed on my bedroom wall!!! When I'm done I'm going to take a photo of myself and create my own personal p90x poster :happy:
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    I've never heard of Tony Horton but I love it! Thanks for posting! :)
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I like it, this would look good blown up and framed on my bedroom wall!!! When I'm done I'm going to take a photo of myself and create my own personal p90x poster :happy:

That's a good idea!!! I'm gonna do one too! :bigsmile: