I feel big...How heavy do I look? (Pics)

Options

Replies

• SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You actually look pretty good. I know some people might advise you to tone your muscles -- but I think it would make you look too masculine. You have great curves without looking heavy. That's quite a feat. I think the thinner some women get the more they look like little boys. You definately do not.

I loved watching "How to look good naked" -- I think it was lifetime. He would line women up and ask the girl to put herself in the line where she thought she fit -- always they saw themselves as bigger than what they really were.

Good luck to you. You look great -- here's to hoping you soon see what we all do :)
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    ok, you're gorgeous. let's break that down. you've got great proportions, your shoulders are like, stunning, no belly pooch or back fat, your butt is perky even! and your chest is in line with everything else you've got going. you really do have a great figure.

i'd suggest doing some real weight lifting - check out stronglifts 5x5 on google for a super simple, anyone can do it and get results no BS plan to get started. it's gonna turn your thighs into tiny little lean rocks, perk your butt up even more, start shredding your core, and get your arms nice and lean too. and i swear to baby jesus you won't turn into the hulk! but some more definition might be what you're looking for mentally.

stick with it and listen to your boyfriend! he speaks truth and you know he loves you :)
  • jhutton_ch
    Options
    No offense taken at all! I agree. I do need to work on toning my thighs and butt and will get on that! Thanks for the advice! :)
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    You look great! You have curves in the right places!!!! I'm five foot two and around 115 pounds and I have curves too! Embrace them (as I decided I'm not going to shave down my hip bones - if that was even possible!).

Curvy ladies unite!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I noticed is what an awesome hourglass shape you have! You have beautiful shoulders. You must be at a great weight already for your height. So try to maintain and add into your mix toning/strength training for extra definition. But seriously you look FABULOUS already.
  • p1xelate
    p1xelate Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your body looks like what I am hoping for my end result!!! You look great!! I know it is difficult to see it yourself but you look fantastic.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING
    I wouldn't worry about losing another pound. (You are already toward the low end of the healthy BMI range, but not dangerously so.)

So, just keep up the good work on eating healthy and working out to keep fit.
    Enjoy you life, you boyfriend, school or your job, your friends your hobbies.

Don't obsess over food (dieters can do that just as much as overeaters.)
    Live your life and don't torture your self to reach an arbitrary number.

(I think 125 would be to low for you.. it gives you no wiggle room between the healthy range and the unhealthy underweight range.)

Have Fun
    -AB
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look great. I am not sure why people are telling you to tone. I hope they are just saying that because it is the next step after getting to your goal weight. Yes, toning is good, but I think you look tone.

I see a healthy stomach, and a healthy butt. Keep up the good work.

I am of course still overweight, but I do have the same issue at times. Not just with weight, but how I think my face looks. I look in the mirror, and most days after I do my hair and makeup, I think I look decent. Then I try to take a picture of myself, and I think the picture looks hideous. I am always trying to take my picture so I can put a different picture up on facebook, but I end up deleting them all(thank you digital cameras) before I even upload them. My profile picture here.....It is one a few pictures that I think are acceptable enough to post.
  • jhutton_ch
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty. I would like to say that I have been reading the responses and they nearly made me cry. I feel incredibly supported and feel like posting this was not a waste of my time in the least. Regarding psychological issues running in my family and needing to see a therapist: I feel like interacting with people on a site like this is my form of therapy. I can talk to people with similar body-image issues, as well as see how far others have come with the support of their friends and family. I think I'm far from needing professional help, but I appreciate the advice anyway.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just curious as to why you have this post going twice with two different names?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218893-i-feel-like-i-look-so-much-bigger-than-other-women-my-age-h
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I HAVE body dismorphic disorder and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I had it at 145 and at 245. I am now 188 and it's reared it's ugly head again. Please, please, hon, you look awesome! You have a PERFECT body!! And if you think you don't, PLEASE get some counseling!! You could go from body dismorphic disorder to anorexia and that would be bad. I know how you feel. It sucks to truly NOT know how you look!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I agree that you would tone up with some strength training and build some lean muscle. And to clarify I am not telling you to tone because you look chubby, you don't, you look fine. But if you want to tighten and strengthen it could help you with your self image and feeling more confident.i know I prefer muscle, but everyone is diffierent. If I were your size, I would be done. ;) you look thin!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    P.S.
    When I was 22 and 5'5" it was TORTURE for me to maintain 125 lbs. I worked hard at it one summer, but just keep it up.
    (I'm amazed you can manage 133 at 5' 8.5"

So, in the end I decided 130 and I live I enjoyed was an acceptable trade off.... Also turns out I wasn't done growing at 22 I grew another TWO INCHES... who'd a thunk it?
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I want a body like yours!
  • jhutton_ch
    Options
    Just curious as to why you have this post going twice with two different names?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218893-i-feel-like-i-look-so-much-bigger-than-other-women-my-age-h

I'm sorry! I wanted to change the topic title since the first one was too long, and then couldn't figure out how to delete the first one!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't know how else to say it, so I am saying I am sorry in advance.

You have obviously done the work to get fit, it shows in your pictures.

However, the work you haven't done shows in your forum post:

"So, I ask everyone in the myfitnesspal community to please tell me how heavy I look in pictures, and what areas of my body could use some toning. I know this all must sound incredibly self-absorbed, and for that I truly apologize. I just want to be proud of my body and the hard work it took to get there, but I can’t seem to get over my negative self-image."

What other people think will not be able to make you feel better until you think it too. No amount of eating right, calorie counting, working out and weight loss can overcome the negative self-image in your mind.

Even though you think you may not need it, find a therapist or counselor to talk to. What can it hurt? Right?
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You really look awesome! :) Sometimes it just helps to be told that... and by people that aren't biased. Just keep doing what you are doing. Work on toning up, etc if you aren't totally happy. This journey is ultimately between you and your body. It's about the way you feel and not what other people tell you. You need to be comfortable in your own skin. :) So, work to get there and be proud of your accomplishments. And know that there are lots of people who think you are beautiful!
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful and have a figure lots of people myself included would love to have.

I agree with others that you have to work on your self image. Often I think this improves as we age. I'm nearly 32 and remember not liking what I seen in the mirror when I was around 21,22. Now post baby and with stretchmarks and a joey pouch (saggy tummy) I'm kinder to myself. I still think I need to improve myself but I dont look at others bodies as my point of reference.

Years ago there was a song out called 'Wear Sunscreen' by Baz Lurmahn,here is a lyric from it that I've certainly found to be true

"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, nevermind, you won't understand the power and
    beauty of your youth until they've faded, but trust me in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of
    yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous
    you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine. "

You have a lovely body,keep telling yourself it till you believe it :happy:
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice! I have been a vegetarian since I was six, so eating lean protein can be pretty difficult when I don't like tofu! But yes, I absolutely agree that I should do more core exercises. Thank you again!!!

Since you are vegetarien, try protein shakes instead. :) Make them with soy milk for extra protein :)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    OMG! You have the perfect body in my opinion! You have curves where you should and there is no over lap on your bathing suit! You look beautiful! You should be very proud of your work! But if you.re not happy you can go for a more muscular look and tone more but honestly again, IN MY OPINION, you don't need too! Congrats on your achievement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!