Having a really crap day~

So this morning I got up to do my workout. I was halfway through my workout when I just quit. I was so unmotivated and was not giving it my best effort. I planned to hit it hard when I got home from work.

So, I'm at work and things are progressing. I'm eating and sticking to my plan. I leave for lunch to upgrade my resistance bands and walked passed a tray of Golden Oreo Cookies. Well, I bought the resistance bands and the cookies.....

Hours later, I've polished off a whole tray of Golden Oreos....did I mention it was a WHOLE tray (give or take, I shared some with co-workers). Now I feel like crying but I won't because I know better.

What happened to me today???? :sad: :grumble: :explode: :huh: :sad:

Replies

• Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    So this morning I got up to do my workout. I was halfway through my workout when I just quit. I was so unmotivated and was not giving it my best effort. I planned to hit it hard when I got home from work.

So, I'm at work and things are progressing. I'm eating and sticking to my plan. I leave for lunch to upgrade my resistance bands and walked passed a tray of Golden Oreo Cookies. Well, I bought the resistance bands and the cookies.....

Hours later, I've polished off a whole tray of Golden Oreos....did I mention it was a WHOLE tray (give or take, I shared some with co-workers). Now I feel like crying but I won't because I know better.

What happened to me today???? :sad: :grumble: :explode: :huh: :sad:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    We all have days like this. I just brush it off and keep going. I know I crave chocolate muffins from the grocery store reeeeally bad at times. I don't think we need to deprive ourselves all the time so I let myself indulge when I hit a huge goal. I told myself I can have a muffin when I finish my 90 day round of P90x, but by that time I'll probably look so good I won't even want one! We all slip up, don't beat yourself up about it! :flowerforyou:

Rach
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    I've had those days too. I just tell myself, tomorrow is a new day, a new slate, you know that you screwed up today, stop right there, pick up where you left off, you can do it!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Yep, been there, done that!!! Sometimes you just have to write it off and get up and start over the next day. I do hate that though - right in the middle of the work out and it's like "oompf. That's it. No more." Maybe your body needed rest today for some reason. You'll be o.k.!! :flowerforyou: Every day is a new beginning!! Edit - make that every meal is a new beginning!! You don't have to wait until tomorrow to hop right back on track. :drinker:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    I had a day like that yesterday. I went way over on my calories and didn't work out. Today I was going to make up for it by eating my normal deficit plus what I went over yesterday on. BUT I would be starving myself. So I just scratched yesterday and decided to start over today. It happens and I think everyone has their days....It's tough not to let it get to you. But it's what you've gotta do. Go home and work out harder. Even if you're still over at least you wont be over as much. Then tomorrow is a brand new day. One day won't kill ya...Hang in there!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • You had a "human" moment, Beautiful! It's really OK. Get over it and move on. Do try to feel those Oreos now. Yeah. . .that kind of sick, heart-burn, yuck feeling. Tomorrow when you have a bag of veggies and string cheese with you and you eat that instead you're going to feel SO MUCH better. Don't let today's slip lead to any more today. Promise? When you get home, so that workout and when your hubby gets home, he'll be so proud of you for working out today after work. . .. maybe he'll even make dinner! Be good to yourself. Love yourself more than those crummy old Oreos! I weigh tomorrow for the first time and I'm really hoping to get rid of that big ugly "0" on my weight tracker. Wish me luck!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    OH OH OH!! I had to add....TAEBO....TAEBO is great...Billy Blanks will talk to you throughout the workouts to keep you motivated. It's just a suggestion but I love it. Those days I wanna give up half way through...It's like he knows exactly when to say something like "Just dont give up...even if you have to walk in place...make it to the end" LOVE IT :heart:
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    I know you must be frustrated with yourself, but don't be. Your body needs a break every now and then. So enjoy the rest of the day and start fresh tomorrow.

BTW-You look great in your pictures, so don't worry about it!!!

Rae
  • Welcome to my world of crappy days.....didnt eat though. Brush it off and start over.