Super Low Calorie Banana (No Sugar Added) Muffin Recipe!

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    bump they sound lovely anybody got a good scone recipe...:flowerforyou:

Skinnytaste.com has so many awesome scone recipes! Here is one: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-chocolate-chip-buttermilk-scones.html

These are my favorite scones- English Royalty Chocolate Chip Scones: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/english-royalty-chocolate-chip-scones/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chocolate chip scone&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

English Royalty Chocolate Chip Scones

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1/3 cup white sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
    1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    3 tablespoons orange juice

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
    2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
    3.Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
    4.Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
  • claiatta
    claiatta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Panda3270
    Panda3270 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish I can't wait to try this!
  • KitchyWitchy
    KitchyWitchy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy.
  • lukeapplebee81002
    Options
    I'm sorry I am new t this. where is the actual recipe?

• Katebirr
    Katebirr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump.... would it change anything if I added some nuts?
  • Coupongrl79
    Coupongrl79 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I followed the recipe exactly but these didn't work for me. I made 10 big muffins. Flavor was good. They deflate alot. Even after they cooled, the center came out too gooey. I put them in the freezer and we'll see how they taste frozen. I will likely try again next week but will add some protein powder and try them as mini muffins to see if they bake up better.
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Super Low Calorie Banana (No Sugar Added) Muffin Recipe!

Makes 30 "Mini" Muffins at 19 calories apiece OR 10 "Larger' Muffins at 57 Calories apiece

Ingredients:
    3/4 cup skim milk
    1 egg white
    2 ripe bananas
    1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (75 grams)
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp baking powder (I used sodium free)

Directions: Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
    1. Peel and mash the two bananas in a large bowl.
    2. Add in the milk and egg white and combine slightly with a fork.
    3. Using an electric beater/mixer, beat the liquid mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until foamy.
    4. Measure out the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a small bowl. Sift together with a fork.
    5. Fold in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine until it creates a creamy batter (don't overmix)
    *** The mix might dilapidate a little bit from mixing, but that's okay
    6. Spray mini or regular sized muffins pans.
    7. Measure in a slightly overfilled spoon full of muffin batter into mini muffin pans, or 3 spoonfuls into regular muffin pans (mine are shorter than normal however, so you might want to use 4)
    8. Place the muffin pans in the oven and bake for 10 to 25 minutes or until golden brown (depending on size and oven temperatures). Mine were done in about 15 minutes.
    9. Take the muffins out, let cool and transfer to a baking rack. ENJOY!

Calories per spoonful: 19
    Calories per "mini" muffin: 19
    Calories per "larger" muffin: 57

Nutrition Facts for Entire Recipe:

Total:
    Calories- 560
    Carbohydrates- 123
    Fat- 3
    Protein- 16

Per Serving:
    Calories- 19
    Carbohydrates- 4