feelin good about my choices

lfcutie
lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
so I have been on my FP for 30 days:) yay me:) I have lost a total of 34lbs (25 from previous then i lost 9 this last month) ....I didn't go on a strict diet because that never worked in the past even though i am only 31 i have dieted since i was 11 :( ......so i let myself have choices to eat whatever as long i was within my calories.,..,if i wanted tuna with real mayo i ate it or wanted to splurge and eat a cheeseburger i do!!!! i don't feel like i am going to restrict myself my whole life so why should i do it now.,,.,.,.i do normally eat what people say "healthy" because i do typically eat ground turkey chicken and i love veggies.,.,.,my problem is more with fast food when i am too busy to cook ..,.,but i have also started to make adjustments to that as well.....i go to flame broiler than burger king or eat a baked potato at wendy's instead of fries.,.,so small but good changes.,.,.,.well i work saturday morning and i always stop at burger king for a breakfast sandwich,.,.,i haven't been working saturdays since i started counting calories until today.,.,.,i of course went ahead and ordered my sandwich but today when i ate it is was different.,.,.,i did not want it and it totally did not taste good to me and a waste of calories!!! i am saying this because you always see people on the biggest loser or other things and they say this happens to them were they feel sick for eating it or it just doesn't taste good.,.,.,., well it finally happen to me.,.,now i am not saying i will never eat a cheeseburger again but i am saying i am starting to have a different relationship with my food and a drivethru window:) .....yay me!

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Congratulations!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    I do the same thing - I get in all my fiber and protein, and my veggies and good stuff, but I work in a treat or a snack or something a bit "naughty" on most days. Congrats on doing so well and your 30 days on MFP!
This discussion has been closed.