Hola people!!!

p90x_Dude
p90x_Dude Posts: 332
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey guys/gals I found this site while searching the p90x forums and I'm excited with the exercise and food tools as well as the forums. I'm currently a physical therapist with a history of personal/strength training who is on the way back up. I'm on the way back up because I didn't heed my own warnings of sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise. We Mine Eyes have seen the Glory and praise Jesus He has motivated me beyond what I had when I was a professional baseball player. I look forward to sharing my success stories as I'm 3 weeks into P90X at this time. I'm already seeing results, but I need to be a better steward of the nutrional/supplement aspect of the routine. Thanks for a great site and I'll be getting to know (prayerfully) many of you soon.

God bless,
Angelo

Replies

• p90x_Dude
    Hey guys/gals I found this site while searching the p90x forums and I'm excited with the exercise and food tools as well as the forums. I'm currently a physical therapist with a history of personal/strength training who is on the way back up. I'm on the way back up because I didn't heed my own warnings of sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise. We Mine Eyes have seen the Glory and praise Jesus He has motivated me beyond what I had when I was a professional baseball player. I look forward to sharing my success stories as I'm 3 weeks into P90X at this time. I'm already seeing results, but I need to be a better steward of the nutrional/supplement aspect of the routine. Thanks for a great site and I'll be getting to know (prayerfully) many of you soon.

God bless,
    Angelo
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Welcome! I started P90x a week and a half ago. How are you liking it?

:smile: Rach
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Welcome Angelo!!
  • p90x_Dude
    I love it, it's been one heck of a challenge. Breakdown below
    - chest/back tough especially pullups
    - plyometrics - kicked my butt, but I can hang with rest breaks
    - arms/shoulders - my easiest day because of my weight lifting background
    - yoga - KICKS MY BUTT IN THE GROUND AND WHILE UNDERGROUND. I can't do all the moves, poor flexibility with weight lifting background and poor stretching background
    - legs/back - Can hang pretty good
    - kenpo - Can hang well due my experience with taebo

I've been struggling with the diet area, meals are a bit extravagant but I'm trying to do better. I've lost ~2-3 pounds, but can tell a difference in inches. Gotten a few compliments so I'm excited about weeks to come.

Be blessed
  • p90x_Dude
    Thank you Montana.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    That's great! Kenpo is by far my favorite because I too have experience in Taebo and Taekwondo. Just did my Kenpo this morning as a matter of fact. Good luck on your journey!
  • p90x_Dude
    That's great! Kenpo is by far my favorite because I too have experience in Taebo and Taekwondo. Just did my Kenpo this morning as a matter of fact. Good luck on your journey!

Thanks, I'm doing better with the diet/supplements aspect but I'm going to have to get more strict and knowledgeable about what I'm taking into my system.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I too follow P90X and x+ and have been since December. I love it. Lately just been fooling around with all sort of BB products, but on Monday start P90X Lean (did classic first time around)

Hang in there, it does get easier especially yoga aka blowga! You are in for a great ride; if people are already noticing and you are only in week 3, imagine after 90 days!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome to the funny farm! :flowerforyou:
  • p90x_Dude
    I too follow P90X and x+ and have been since December. I love it. Lately just been fooling around with all sort of BB products, but on Monday start P90X Lean (did classic first time around)

Hang in there, it does get easier especially yoga aka blowga! You are in for a great ride; if people are already noticing and you are only in week 3, imagine after 90 days!!

Thanks carvan, it's amazing how a few words can serve as motivation.

Thanks again and pray I keep pushing play.
  • p90x_Dude
    Welcome to the funny farm! :flowerforyou:

:wink: Thanks
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    :bigsmile: Welcome aboard. This group is quite the fun family. We'll keep watching and cheering you on.
    Ezzie
  • p90x_Dude
    :bigsmile: Welcome aboard. This group is quite the fun family. We'll keep watching and cheering you on.
    Ezzie

Thanks Ezzie, the support is well appreciated.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Ezzie

Don't let Ezzie fool ya, she watches *all* the good looking guyz, hehehe... :flowerforyou:
    But seriously, welcome to our "we put the fun in dysfunctional" family! :bigsmile: There are a scant few of us Y chromosome carriers about, but it's to our advantage! ...just don't look in the Pit, right Shannon? :noway:
    So I have two questions;
    1. what is p90x?
    2. What team did you play for?
  • p90x_Dude
    Ezzie

Don't let Ezzie fool ya, she watches *all* the good looking guyz, hehehe... :flowerforyou:
    But seriously, welcome to our "we put the fun in dysfunctional" family! :bigsmile: There are a scant few of us Y chromosome carriers about, but it's to our advantage! ...just don't look in the Pit, right Shannon? :noway:
    So I have two questions;
    1. what is p90x?
    2. What team did you play for?

Hey jamerz, I'm sure Ezzie isn't looking at me at least not during the first 90 days :laugh:

p90x is a 90 day extreme fitness program designed to increase strength, mobility, lose weight/body fat without allowing the body to adapt or plateau. The routine changes every 30 days to prevent this from happening. As for baseball, I played in the Montreal Expos (I know they don't exist anymore it was 1993-94) organization. I miss it tremendously, especially since I blew a perfect opportunity. Well, it wasn't worth my soul, so I'm content with where I am now. Thanks for dropping in bro, good to see another y chromosome LOL.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Glad to have you brother.
  • p90x_Dude
    Glad to have you brother.

Glad to be here man
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    wow
    we've had a lot of guys join recently

welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • p90x_Dude
    wow

welcome!

A little testosterone is good right.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    wow

welcome!

A little testosterone is good right.

Heck yeah it is. Sometimes it feels like it's just Banks, Cal, Grey and I around here, and we're in the episode of Futurama where all the men were sentenced to death by Snoo Snoo...

ama02.jpg

(That may just be my wishful thinking though...)
This discussion has been closed.