Trying to re-focus

newmom76
newmom76 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! My name is Stefanie. I'm 32 years old and mom to fraternal twin 8 month old boys. They are the loves of my life along with my husband.
I have been so focused on them since they were born that I have let things slide. Before I got pregnant I had lost about 25 lbs. and was feelin' good. After I delivered I lost all of the weight except for the 25 lbs. I had previously lost. So, at least I wasn't too much worse off and I know I can lose it again. This time I want to lose 75 lbs.
I know it's a long way to go so my small goal is to return to my pre pregnancy weight and then work on the next goal. I hope to use this forum for encouragement and new weight loss ideas.
I am motivated when it's something I enjoy but not so much when it's something I view as 'boring' which exercising is to me. I'm looking for some suggestions as to how to make exercising fun and exciting. I have not ever taken a class because I feel I'd be too self conscious. I have attempted to use videos but after only a few times, I get bored. I like taking the boys for a walk but with two of them, their nap schedules vary and then that's just another excuse to not get out there.
Any advice you have would be welcome! I look forward to being encouraged as well as to encourage! Thanks for welcoming me!
Stefanie

Replies

• Hi everyone! My name is Stefanie. I'm 32 years old and mom to fraternal twin 8 month old boys. They are the loves of my life along with my husband.
    I have been so focused on them since they were born that I have let things slide. Before I got pregnant I had lost about 25 lbs. and was feelin' good. After I delivered I lost all of the weight except for the 25 lbs. I had previously lost. So, at least I wasn't too much worse off and I know I can lose it again. This time I want to lose 75 lbs.
    I know it's a long way to go so my small goal is to return to my pre pregnancy weight and then work on the next goal. I hope to use this forum for encouragement and new weight loss ideas.
    I am motivated when it's something I enjoy but not so much when it's something I view as 'boring' which exercising is to me. I'm looking for some suggestions as to how to make exercising fun and exciting. I have not ever taken a class because I feel I'd be too self conscious. I have attempted to use videos but after only a few times, I get bored. I like taking the boys for a walk but with two of them, their nap schedules vary and then that's just another excuse to not get out there.
    Any advice you have would be welcome! I look forward to being encouraged as well as to encourage! Thanks for welcoming me!
    Stefanie
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    My main form of exercise is walking. I do go to the gym and also do videos and weight lift at home but walking makes me feel great in the outdoors and such. I always come back to it. Plus it's easy on the joints. You'll have the added bonus of pushing extra weight in your stroller. The main thing is to find something you like so that you'll stick with it.
    Good luck!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Follow the program here it works

and I agree find something you love to do and dig in. I love to run and hike so when I have my son I jog with the jogger Good luck:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.