wardrobe malfunction

Options
whiskey9890
whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
i wear a uniform for work and one of the deciding factors that made me decide now was the time to start paying attention to my weight was the trousers being tight, and they have a stupid policy on uniform, i've orderd some larger ones but they won't be here till septmeber. and tonight whilst sittling at work they have just split along the inner thigh. this is the third time this has happened and its starting to get beyond a joke, talk about some motivation though lol.

so have any of you guys had any embarassing wardrobe malfunctions?

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    That didn't quite happen but about 6 mos ago we had a command dress blues inspection and I just remember hoping and praying that the seams of my pants held together long enough for me to get through the inspection without my pants splitting in front of the commander, the Senior Chiefs, Chiefs and the entire command. I've lost about 15 lbs (that I've kept off) since then, but they are still tight. I'm always scared that things like this will happen though.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I used to have issues with zippers breaking :( I worked with all men at the time in the CG. That was a hard one to cover up. One time they had to give me a pair of way, way too large coveralls to wear for the day. Glad those uniform days are over. Good luck.
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Almost all my T-shirts have wholes in the sleeves o.o ...Im losing weight now...so soon I get new ones :)
    Anyway while hanging out with my first boyfriend my pants split in the center...good thing I just happened to be wearing shorts underneath.
  • eversits
    eversits Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ohhh yeah. You are not alone. It was the first day of school back in the university. I drove to school and I walked to the class. I still had about an hour until class started so I decided to go to Subway to have dinner (I take night classes). It is a good ten minute walk from my class to the nearest Subway. I ordered and I ate my sandwich. I walked back to the class and I sat down. I felt something cold hit me...so I put my hand underneath my butt region...and OH MY GOD....my entire butt was showing because the new jeans that I just bought split on me. I do not know when it split....Did it happen when I got out of my car? Did it happen when I walked to the class the first time? Did It happen when I walked to the Subway. I was so embarrassed. I probably butt-flashed most of the population of the university. Luckily, I had a sweater on and I wrapped it around my waist, so it does not show off my naked butt.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I used to have issues with zippers breaking :( I worked with all men at the time in the CG. That was a hard one to cover up. One time they had to give me a pair of way, way too large coveralls to wear for the day. Glad those uniform days are over. Good luck.
    This is why I love wearing NWUs (used to be BDUs).
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    don't get me stated on zippers! its just got out of sweater wearing weather here, but i'm still stuck wearing one at work, because the zipper on the same work trousers refuses to stay up all the way, and i know the sweater covers it but the shirts are a bit hit and miss! oh but i did manage to get a couple of larger shirts out of them last month (after a lot of begging) cos i was going to have to rename the girls harry and houdini they were trying to escape that often!
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Wardrobe malfunctions? Now, that's the best one I've heard in years. It sounds like you gave yourself your own "wake up call". Welcome to my new world of heart-healthy living. You have now embarked on saving your own life. Congratulations!

You WILL BE successful if:
    --- You believe in yourself and that you are "ready"
    --- You're doing your own nutrition program that works especially for you
    --- You stay faithful to your program, one meal at a time/one day at a time
    --- You ignore the "enablers" who are subconsciously trying to sabotage your efforts (the "just one little bit", "I made this just for you", "I knew how much you love these (cookies, donuts, etc.). That's not much different than the alcoholics who cannot bear to drink alone.
    --- You're the one "in charge" or your own health, your own personal goals and your life.

You're a WINNER, today, tomorrow and forever! We're all here for you. :)

Claire
  • whiskey9890
    Options
    thank you claire. and you are right i will succeed if i do those things, the main one i struggle with is ignoring the enablers (aka my boyfriend) but i even started to do that this week.

oh and i fixed my trousers this morning but to my dismay i discovered there are some worn patches on the inner thigh, i really need to get a grip, i've always had big thighs, even when i was slim, but this takes the mick now