Lean Mean FIghting Machine

Options
I know I don't have a lot to lose, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who think I shouldn't be complaining about the body I have. I just want to be the best I can be.

I've been doing Taekwon-Do for nearly 10 years, and I normally train about 5 nights a week, which helps keep me at a fit competition weight of about 120lbs. Recently I started comfort eating a lot and even though I was training a lot I put on about 5lbs... I was already pretty unhappy with myself. Then, before I got a chance to shift it, I took a month off training, and went completely overboard on all that junk I felt I'd been denying myself... and managed to put on over 10lbs in that 4 weeks!!!

I finally got hold of my unhealthy patterns, and hit the road running (literally) one morning before work. Now I'm running regularly in the mornings, and hitting the gym at work to do cardio and weights, alternating between lower body and upper body workouts. I'm down about 4lbs already, so it's going well, I just hope I can keep up this motivation, and actually not only get back to where I was, but maybe also get lean and toned too...

Replies

• shivers
    shivers Posts: 53
    Options
    I know I don't have a lot to lose, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who think I shouldn't be complaining about the body I have. I just want to be the best I can be.

I've been doing Taekwon-Do for nearly 10 years, and I normally train about 5 nights a week, which helps keep me at a fit competition weight of about 120lbs. Recently I started comfort eating a lot and even though I was training a lot I put on about 5lbs... I was already pretty unhappy with myself. Then, before I got a chance to shift it, I took a month off training, and went completely overboard on all that junk I felt I'd been denying myself... and managed to put on over 10lbs in that 4 weeks!!!

I finally got hold of my unhealthy patterns, and hit the road running (literally) one morning before work. Now I'm running regularly in the mornings, and hitting the gym at work to do cardio and weights, alternating between lower body and upper body workouts. I'm down about 4lbs already, so it's going well, I just hope I can keep up this motivation, and actually not only get back to where I was, but maybe also get lean and toned too...
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I started Taekwondo when I was 8 and had my black belt by age ten. My entire family and I did it 2hrs a day, 6 days a week. Then they tell us we can't afford it anymore and that's when my weight gain started. I miss it dearly. :cry:

Congrats on noticing the problem and correcting it right away. You'll be back to the 'old you' in no time! :bigsmile:

Rach