NSV - C25K Grad :)

Options
WildcatMom82
WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
When I joined MFP in January I had just started working out again after having my daughter. I tried to do an interval workout I had always done easily before my pregnancy and couldn't sustain a jog for even 2 mins! Very discouraging to someone who used to run 4-5 miles a few times a week. So I started the C25K sometime in February and finished my last week. My times weren't stellar (between 35 and 36 mins) but for 3 days in a row I continuously jogged a 5K distance :D Even better I can see my leg muscles waking up down there, my thighs have gotten much more slim! I'd forgotten how much I love that high at the end of a run, I can't wait to start adding more distance.

Replies

• vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    congrats!! I am on week 2 and cant wait to be able to run for more than 2 minutes without feeling like im going to die!! I love to hear about how it is working for others. THanks for sharing.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations !!! *high five*
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I am currently doing c25k and i know how hard it can be.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well done - I'm starting week 8 today and I find myself amazed that I can run for 25 mins solid now.

I plan on doing bridge to 10k straight after week 9 - are you doing that?
  • bmw1331
    bmw1331 Posts: 2
    Options
    To all the brave people out there. I am starting today hoping to share some good results in the upcoming weeks!
    Dimitris, Athens, GR
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Well done - I'm starting week 8 today and I find myself amazed that I can run for 25 mins solid now.

I plan on doing bridge to 10k straight after week 9 - are you doing that?
    I actually just head about this yesterday and have it bookmarked to start tomorrow!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Just finished week 3 today and I'm amazed at how fast the body can change and adapt. I've never considered myself a runner, and I'm loving C25K so far!
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey all...

I'm a 295lbs and I started C25K two weeks ago. I just finished my wk2d2 workout and feel exhausted however I loved the fact that I never stop running. At some point I was going really slow but nonetheless I was running. I've never ran consistently like this since running track in college back in 2000-2001 for a year. Obviously I was alot skinner then...lol.. But anyway I love the support here and I'm happy that you completed C25k. You just motivated me to push harder. Thanks.
  • phassie
    phassie Posts: 14
    Options
    Congratulations to all! I am also on C25K W4D1. I have struggled but I am getting the hang of it. Today went well, and I can't wait for W5.

Congratulations to all, again! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!