Non-Scale Victories

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I say we have a thread every day to celebrate all the wonderful ways we are making ourselves healthier and the non-scale rewards we are constantly attaining. The scale is only a guideline and is not the be-all-end-all of our weight-loss/healthier living success.

SO....my BMI has gone from 45 (this past September) to 27.7 as of today.....still "overweight" but compared to what it was......WOW!! And it's things like this that make me realize just how important it is to my health to get this weight off.

How about you???

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I say we have a thread every day to celebrate all the wonderful ways we are making ourselves healthier and the non-scale rewards we are constantly attaining. The scale is only a guideline and is not the be-all-end-all of our weight-loss/healthier living success.

SO....my BMI has gone from 45 (this past September) to 27.7 as of today.....still "overweight" but compared to what it was......WOW!! And it's things like this that make me realize just how important it is to my health to get this weight off.

How about you???
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    goood one Tam!!

My non scale victory lately I guess would be more energy!!!!
    I love wanting to go to the gym for the first time in my life, and getting that 'high' off of cardio exercise, which i used to just despise. I used to be so lazy!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I guess mine would be more self-confidence. :smile:

And I'm hoping for lower cholesterol numbers at next check up! fingersx.gif
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Mine is kinda tmi, but it's so I can have wild sex in crazy places again. Sex was fun when it was in the slide of the playgrounds and on the bench. Now I am the bench and my guy and me can't both fit in the slide... :laugh:
  • shahrazad990
    Options
    i just bought size 7/8 pants:happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I caught myself admiring myself in the mirror at the gym yesterday :blushing: I have muscles.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Mine is the realization that I can and will turn this around. In fact I already am Thanks MFP I also can run up the stairs for the phone and still talk when I get there!!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Mine is my rock-hard calves that seem to remember instantly how I like 'em!!

My thighs are slowly following suit. :laugh:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    - Seeing cheek and collar bones (who knew there were bones under there??)
    - Buying "regular" clothes
    - Discovering that fitness is FUN :smile:
  • nik433
    nik433 Posts: 57
    Options
    My most non-scale victory is having people say to me "you look good" but not really being able to put their finger on what's different! :blushing:

And also watching myself go from eating junk food to craving fruits AND veggies!! Who is this person I've become?! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Yes, another of mine is being addicted to the exercise endorphins!! I used to hate exercise! Now, I LOVE how it makes me feel.....and the extra calories it allows me to eat isn't horrible either! :wink:

You guys are doing SO GREAT!!!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Going from size 18 to size 14. My family telling me how much I've trimmed down. When moving furniture how Im not out of breath and my skinny minnie aunt is hahahaha and of course.... better sex! haha
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Just exercising and eating right has made me a much more driven and confident individual. I feel like I can tackle anything that comes my way! :bigsmile:

Rach
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be getting up at 5:30am to exercise and not feeling like it's a chore. I get up exercise and I feel great for the rest of the day.
    When I was on vacation last week I was sleeping in a little and I felt like my day was wasted cuz I was getting out of bed at 7:30am!!

Who needs a life?? Me. :blushing:
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    This is an excellent idea - I guess for me it was finding out how much I LOVE shopping for clothes. Before I'd only go clothes shopping out of absolute necessity but now I use any excuse :happy: :happy:
  • pack533
    pack533 Posts: 224
    Options
    Mine would be going from a size 18 to a size 12. Having my friends and family comment on how much I have lost and how good I look. The last time I was in a 12 was about 9 years ago.

:love:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    These are all awesome! You guys rock!
    Thanks Tam for such a great idea! :flowerforyou: