Any desire to learn another language?

Options
2»

Replies

• UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I honestly would like to learn as many languages as possible.

^ What MrMcRotch said, except the bit about omniscience. That sounds like a burden :wink: .
    My first language is English. I would like to improve my high school level French, and also learn Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish. Some of my friends speak Urdu, Farsi. It would be nice to be able to greet them and their families in their languages!

:laugh: :bigsmile: I love food in general and I think it would be awesome to learn a little of each language. Would be great to learn some Thai, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Korean, Greek, etc so as to not get so confused about the menus... (I love Mexican food, but I already said Spanish!!) Yeah I could go on indefinitely, almost forgot Italian, Japanese, Afghani...

Great question, OP! :flowerforyou:

- - - -
    ETA:@cwdanley: that's pretty awesome - can you read cyrillic ? very cool!
    - After reading my response, I guess it's safe to say it's obvious why I need to be on a food logging site - :ohwell: :embarassed: .
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I need to learn portugueese so I can speak to my BF's family without a translator. Sometimes the translator says, "I'm tired of translating" ...Fail! ;)
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Learning a different language is always really helpful. Honestly I don't don't understand why it's not emphasized more in a lot of countries. In our school system it's a minimum of 3 languages learned. For me: Icelandic, english, danish and am studying Japanese in college at the moment.
    It's fun! classes really help you stay with it and you learn a lot about the culture as well.
    Good luck with your studying!
  • silverstar33
    Options
    I have always wanted to learn spanish! I took some courses in high school, but have already forgotten most it. (Pathetic, it's only been two years). It's a practical choice for a second language in the US now.

For fun, I'd like to learn french.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I know English, enough French to successfully pass as a Canadian, and I can read Latin. I'd love to learn Swedish or Italian (or Spanish...anything with a Latin base would be relatively easy for me to learn!) :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I need to learn portugueese so I can speak to my BF's family without a translator. Sometimes the translator says, "I'm tired of translating" ...Fail! ;)

That was my reason for learning french.
    My boyf doesnt like translating and i found it very lonely going over there and not being able to communicate
  • Whippy107
    Whippy107 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm one who knows "a little." I know a little German, a little Afrikaans, and a little Swedish. :o(

I do know English.

I wanted to learn so much that I got a bit overwhelmed, so am now learning German only for now. I can continue the other two some other time.