Shoe Question - Big Feet!

Options
My fiance has a hard time finding good shoes thanks to his rather large feet. The only pairs he's been able to find that are his size are New Balance, but the soles wear out really fast. He wears a size 16. Any leads on good, durable shoes?

Replies

• pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Wow-I have 2 bros that have 15s. They just go online and order directly. It is pretty much the only way they can get shoes. What shoes you buy depend on the activity you will be doing.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Try Skechers. They have men's size 16 on their website: http://www.skechers.com/men#Size=16

They even have wide widths! Skechers are so wonderful, I have them for all of my four children and myself, even dress shoes! The kids outgrow them BEFORE they wear out. They are truly high quality shoes. Sign up on their website for free shipping (free to sign up). I think there is even a code for 15% off. Try WB. Good luck!!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ok, so new balance I would be ok with only if you add a highly cushioned and supportive insole ( I recommend the Spenco brand as they have a one year UNconditional guarantee.. available at champs/footlocker)... otherwise that probelm will always continue!

Truth of the matter is he wll always wear the tread waay faster than us because a body that big is asking a lot of those shoes, and unfortunately the manufacturers haven't started coming around to that way of production...

Next time try the asics gt 2160... we've had better luck with it (I work in a shoe store and my boyfriend also wears a size 16)... and I oder modt of his shoes through champssports.com you can have them shippied to a store for free so he can try them on and be fittied with a proper insole to help all the way around... plus, you can return them right there at the store if he doesn't like them...

GOOD LUCK!
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice everyone!