30 Day Shred Everyday Too Much?

kookla33
kookla33 Posts: 234
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm a little confused. I've heard working the same body part with weights daily isn't good, so how can it not be overtraining to do the 30 Day Shred dvd on a daily basis? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Replies

• I don't know enough about this subject to give a good answer. I tried the 30-day shred a few months ago, and it was just too much for me, plus I'm really not a fan of Jillian Michaels' style. However, I have lost a bit of weight and gained a bit of stamina, so I am thinking about trying it out again as a supplement to what I'm already doing. I'm curious to read what others have to say.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    I know that HEAVY weight training isn't good for you... But I don't know about lighter handweights. A lot of people get awesome results doing the Shred daily... me included... So I don't know that it can be horribly bad. Maybe someone else will have better info for you... sorry!
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    I was thinking the same thing as well. What you can do is alternate different levels each day so that you dont over work some of those muscles. I have been doing 30day shred for 2weeks now like that and its not making me feel Im working the muscles too hard. Also if you dont want to alternate levels try giving yourself a break from it one-two times a week. Hope this helps :)
  • kookla33
    Interesting about the lighter weights not being too much...I will wait and see what everyone has to say. I really would like to do the 30 Day Shred daily, but don't want to overdue it and over work my muscles.
  • Well she says to do it everyday and I think that it is supposed to work many different muscle groups and its not focusing on just one and its short enough so I think you are supposed to do it everyday. Even with only 20 minutes I have a HARD time doing anything every single day, but I dont think it would hurt anything unless you feel you are overworked. I would base it off of how you feel and the time you have, but everyday is what it recommends. Good luck!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    It's only a 25 minutes workout everyday...The weights are 3 to 5 lbs...you can definitely do it everyday, plus more...
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    It's an incredibly short workout, so it's not going to hurt you to do it every day. Half the workout is cardio anyway. I use it to supplement my other workouts. It's a quick and intense way to burn a few calories. One thing I will say...Jillian sure gets results!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I think that 30 Day Shred every day is too much. I have the DVD and I have done the workouts. Doing the same body parts, including those squats are hard on the joints. I recommended to a co-worker that she break up the workout with Jillian's yoga DVD. So if you start the workout week on a Monday, then do Yoga Meltdown on Thursday and still have a rest day on Sunday.
  • kookla33
    Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will go with what I was originally thinking, and alternate it with her other dvds like Edorice suggested. Either way, I will burn calories and see results I'm sure! Love what Jillian has to offer, and love seeing the results!!
This discussion has been closed.