Unexpected weight loss

Options
I went on to the scales today and i have lost 11 pounds this week. I have put it down to doing 10,000 steps a day. Drinking 2 and a half litres of water each day, and eating all my exersice calories.
Has anyone else had such a big weight loss? I am not sure if it is healthy for me to lose that amount in one week.
All advice would be appreiceated

Pamela xxx:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cherryb
    cherryb Posts: 10
    Options
    I went on to the scales today and i have lost 11 pounds this week. I have put it down to doing 10,000 steps a day. Drinking 2 and a half litres of water each day, and eating all my exersice calories.
    Has anyone else had such a big weight loss? I am not sure if it is healthy for me to lose that amount in one week.
    All advice would be appreiceated

Pamela xxx:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Last week I weighed in with a 5 lb loss, which was nice, but seems like too much. But as I thought about it, that was after my first week really making sure I was getting the fruits and veggies and water I was supposed to. I had noticed earlier in the week that my feet didn't look as puffy as normal. I figure I was actually losing some water weight I had been holding onto because I wasn't getting enough of the right stuff. Now, if that kind of loss continues, I might get bit concerned, but I don't think 1 week, especially if you've just made a particular change that could account for it. It was also the first week I had made a concerted effort to eat all my exercise cals, too. JMO
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Most of your initial weight loss will be water weight loss. I had a 5 pound loss my first week and am now at about .5 to 1 pound per week. Don't be discouraged if you don't see another week with an 11 pound loss though, it's just your body evening it's self out. Congrats though! Enjoy and keep up the good work :flowerforyou:
  • ShotGunn
    Options
    something I learned from a trainer, is that if you do not drink enough water, your body will retain a lot.. But, when you drink enough, "on a consistent basis" your body will release it..... I guess when your body is use to being replenished all the time. It doesn't hold onto any extra. So maybe your body is now balanced and decided to let go of all the extra... I'd just keep doing as you are.. Great Job!:drinker:
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    yes I agree with all the above please don't get discuraged if you don't see it come off that fast in the next comming weeks. My first week I lost 11.6 lbs then my next two weeks I lost 8.2 then the next two weeks it dropped to 6 then now it is about 2 a week so it will slow down because all that initial weight loss is water.

Just keep up the great work and it will come off, lose it slow and keep it off, lose it fast and it comes back. I speak from experience.

Monica
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ditto everybody else-- but what a boost to keep you excited and motivated!!

Yay for you!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I was once in a weight lose group and for two weeks did not lose any weight. (Boy, was I discouraged.) But then the next week I lost 7 pounds and everyone said that it was too much. I figured that not losing for two weeks my body was making up for it and losing as it should. By the way, during this three week span I ate about the same amount of calories.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    The most that I ever lost in one week was 7 pounds. This was after a period of several weeks of no weight loss. I didn't do anything different during the time frame.