Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying MFP again...

I've been here before and I got discouraged because of some negativity - nothing personal against me (that I knew of!) but just stuff I'd read and that. However, after losing a few more pounds on my own (yay!) I realized it really would be nice to have the extra support and push here or there and it's also just fun to hear about others achievements!

I am 34 year old mom. I wear a bodymedia fit (like the bodybugg you see on biggest loser) and I really have gotten into a good little groove since I got it Dec. 6th and have lost 30 lbs! I have about 70 to go.

I believe in eating anything in moderation as long as you make sure there are some fruits and veggies thrown in. I don't deprive myself of any food or food group - I just use portion control.

I love to work out but with my bodymedia I've also learned that a good portion of my activity - the vigorous stuff - is playing with my kids, doing yard work and house work etc...

So, I guess I'm looking for some friends who feel like we have something in common and won't get worked up if I put a packet of splenda in my coffee :)

If this sounds like you then please add me! If it doesn't then please don't think I'm trying to be rude - we all have to do what works for each of us!

Replies

• kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Brenda, that is great! You are doing wonderful! May I ask what is a body media? Is it like the HRM? Where do you get one of those and about how much do they cost.

Don't worry about what you eat or don't eat, if it is working for you then by all means keep it up!

Stay focused and positive! You are doing so good....and will have a brand new body come summer time! Your kids won't be able to keep up with you!:smile:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Welcome back. I have occasionally seen negative comments as well but have decided that I don't have to be friends with everyone on here. I do have a lot of people who are my MFP friends but luckily they have all been soooo supportive and wonderful. I think we have a similiar perspective about food and exercise. Add me if you would like support. Best of luck....oh and great job losing the 30lbs you already started with, that is amazing!:smile:
  • arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Welcome back!!!! Not only do I put splenda in my coffee but also french vanilla creamer:) Totally worth the calories in my opinion!!!!!

Good luck on your journey.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    welcome back! :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome Back.. I am a First Timer .. lol.. and I have joined to get some Motivation and Support I love coffee... Splenda and French Vanilla!!!! The Members that responded to you seem all so Nice (Please feel free to friend me)! I try to learn the concept of eating in moderation and love to see your progress if that's ok
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Welcome back! ^_^
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Welcome back! I left a while ago, and just recently came back myself. I also wear a bodymedia armband. I would be lost without it. I actually feel like I'm going through withdraws when it's charging! I notice your name hoosier mama....are you still located in the hoosier state? I'm right outside of Indy.......
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Hey Hosier Mama, welcome back I have been on MFP for a little bit less than a year on a regular basis although I signed up a while ago. It is great having support and I have made lots of friends on MFP and I think the positive outweighs any negative. Feel free to add me as a friend. I wish you the best on MFP!
  • wow - awesome - I took my kids out bowling tonight and came home to boot up the ole laptop wondering anyone would respond...MFP rocks :)

And yes, I am still in Indiana - Northern Indiana!

So glad to have some friends to give support through the good, the bad and the ugly!