Bundt cake serving size help?

Options
If no one can give me an answer, maybe they can give me a way to find the answer.

I have a regular bundt pan. I want to make carrot cake in it for Easter :) So! I was wondering, if I cut along the creases, how many calories would a large piece have versus a small piece (like how there are different sized bumps on it?) I'd like to eat a small piece to keep my portion small, but I want to know how much I'm saving.

I really have no idea how to go about this.. is there a proportion or something?

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Make the carrot cake and figure out the calories in the whole thing (under the recipe section). Then enter the number of servings (large or small) and it will tell you the nutrition info for each serving size
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    But how many small pieces make up a large piece? I can't put into the recipe thing, "oh it makes 6 big bumps and 6 small bumps" or whatever.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Look in your food section and click on recipes to the right ( there is a button that say's create a recipe.) Enter all the ingredients of the recipe into your create a recipe and then put the amount of servings out of 1 whole cake 6-8-10-12. You can decide if you want a big or little slice. That is the only way to get the correct count, since no one knows how you made the cake. Or put the recipe online and ask someone to figure it out for you.
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm just looking for a proportion. I know I can figure out the calorie count for myself.

Just say, if there are 12 total bumps and I mark 12 servings, some servings are larger than others, but if a small bump is 1/2 of a large one, I'd say that there are 18 servings (6 small bumps + 6 large bumps, which would then be two servings each.)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If no one can give me an answer, maybe they can give me a way to find the answer.

I have a regular bundt pan. I want to make carrot cake in it for Easter :) So! I was wondering, if I cut along the creases, how many calories would a large piece have versus a small piece (like how there are different sized bumps on it?) I'd like to eat a small piece to keep my portion small, but I want to know how much I'm saving.

I really have no idea how to go about this.. is there a proportion or something?
    How did you make the cake? What did you put in it? Was it boxed cake or homemade? It all depends on the ingerdients.

For a 2" piece of a Homemade Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. 342 Calories, 43 Carbs, 17 Fat, 6 Protein, 349 Sodium. I don't know how big a small bump or a big bump is but if you have a ruler you could measure it. Hope this helps.