HRM for the ACTIVE 2 Playstation III game.

Options
OK..so my birthday is next Wednesday, & while @ Best Buy today, my sweet husband bought me an early birthday present. He got me the Active 2 game for our Playstation 3. YAY!! So, right when we came home, OF COURSE I had to check it out & I LOVED it.

Anway, it came w/ a HRM that you strap on your arm & I was just wondering if anyone knows how accurate they are? It said that I burned 127 calories in 27 minutes.

When I set up my account, I did have to enter my age, weight & height. So I'm guessing the HRM is probably pretty accurate. I'm just hoping that maybe some of you have the game & could let me know what you think.

THANKS! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I use EA Sport Fit II for Wii - I am assuming this is the same program. I have found the HRM is VERY accurate. And by the way, the program is GREAT!!!! I'm on the 90 day challange one is I called the trainer Wanda - as in Wanda the Witch - but damn she making me lose it. Been using for a week now and I've lost weight and INCHES! :) Good luck and friend me if you wish and we can do this together :)
  • rhiannon1979
    rhiannon1979 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have that game, too. I have worn both the EA Active HRM and my Polar HRM when doing the workouts to see if there is a difference. What I have found (my theory anyway) is that the EA HRM only takes your heart rate during the exercises and not during the periods where the next exercise is loading. It turns out that my Polar would say I actually burned like 1 1/2 to 2 times more calories than the EA HRM. It makes sense to me.
  • SandyLee1961
    Options
    make that EA Active 2 - way to early still here. Anyway, yes, I have the game :)
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    the only thing i didn't like about the straps is how much it ate batteries up! Not sure if i just had a bunk pair or what but i felt like EVERY time i went to work out i had to replace the leg strap batteries!

sorry for going OT...
  • SandyLee1961
    Options
    Maz, I haven't replaced mine, in over 2 weeks. What type do you use? I'm using the Energizer Lithium ones