Anyone else?

Options
Does anyone else who are 'Obese' get depressed and down when they look at their BMI and its like still 8+ lbs away from the overweight/obese or anything other than healthy mark?....

Replies

• kirstinkrueger
    Options
    YES. its really frustrating sometimes! but all the more reason to push on till it changes! You are doing a great job lady!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I had a party when I hit "normal." No kidding...you have done amazing so far and you will get to healthy. It took a while to put on the weight and its going to take a while to get it off but YOU CAN DO IT and you WILL so just be patient and keep up your awesome work!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    No. BMI is B.S. for individuals.

edit: Wow, that could be taken as very rude. Sorry. But really, BMI is meant to study large groups/communities/societies. It should not be applied to individuals at all.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about the other day when the wii tells me my weight then it says "thats obese"... it has said that for so long now I dont know what Im going to do when it says "thats overweight" I just may pass out ;) Itll get better dont get depressed keep your chin up and know soon you wont be obese :)
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    Well, yeah...I'm pretty close to "morbidly obese" on the BMI scale thing...I try to focus more on what I'm doing to improve my health, but sometimes it can be overwhelming and depressing. You're not alone, and you are doing a great job so far. Keep it up!
  • crystaldougherty
    crystaldougherty Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My bmi is 38.4 and it was like 43.... when I started a freaking yr ago.....and I've still got like 2lbs before the 'overweight' mark...wheres the weightloss overnight fairy to come and make me thin and toned? lol..
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    It depresses me sometimes. To know that I have 10 more pounds until I reach a healthy weight and 40 more pounds until my goal weight is a little overwhelming. Especially since I keep plateauing 3 out of 4 weeks in a month and only lose like 1 pound when I do break through the plateau. Jeez.
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    My bmi is 38.4 and it was like 43.... when I started a freaking yr ago.....and I've still got like 2lbs before the 'overweight' mark...wheres the weightloss overnight fairy to come and make me thin and toned? lol..

When you find her, please send her over here! LOL
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I passed over from Obese to Overweight today (but my weigh in isnt till monday so shhh i cheated) but my goal is 175, i figured i may or may not go to 150 depending on how i look and feel, but 175 is where i want to be. BUT the BMI calculator says Target weight range: 125.3 - 169.3 lb.... AGH. I would look GROSS if i got to 130ish lbs
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 100 lbs off thats awesome!!! I hear ya on the weight they say you should weigh my doc tells me for my height I should weigh 145lbs....145lbs.???? Im like are you kidding me I would look like a crack addict if I weighed that little. Right now I think my left thigh weighs that much.. ;)