Polar FT7

Options
So I am looking to purchase the Polar FT7 in the next couple days.. I have read some review online that it is cheaply made, a waste of money, blah blah blah.. But then I heard alot of people on here rave about it.. What is your personal opinion?

Replies

• mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ive got the polar FT4 and love it, simple and so far so good. From what i understand the higher the number the more advanced so more-better? Any way, polar is by far one of the most highly used HRM out there, and after much reading my self thought they were the way to go. I'll give ya

BUMP
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have that model and LOVE it! Will never workout without it again! In fact two of my workout buddies have one and we always seem to have consistent readings. Buy one, you will be glad you did!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT7 last month, and I ADORE it..it is by far one of the best purchases I've made all year. Compared to what I saw at Wal-Mart that was $60 cheaper, the FT7 is fantastic...I also got a warranty, so if something goes wrong, I will take it right back! (I got mine at Best Buy)

And also, the thing even told me Happy Birthday yesterday...how awesome is THAT?
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i have the FT7 and i love it. i made a huge scratch on the face of the watch the first week i had it, but it has not affected use. i wear it as an everyday watch.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have it and so far so good! I bought another brand that was cheaper in price and had to return it because it was crap! I don't have any issues with my FT7. I also did alot of research and it was the preferred model by alot of users on this site.
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also, its very easy to set up and use. This is the model that my trainer recommended.
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    On a related note - where would be a good place to FIND one of these?

(I am in a very small town and it can be a pain going to Big Town.)

Thanks!
    Grace
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    I love my FT7. A lot. I haven't had any issues what so ever.
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia band and use the Nike + system so I think I may be over doing the electronics for working out but I'm really tempted to get one.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love mine, no complaints whatsoever. I won a brand new one on ebay pretty cheap.
  • StPattysGrl
    Options
    It works for me... I'm just looking to keep track of how many calories I burn when I work out and it does just that for me.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    On a related note - where would be a good place to FIND one of these?

(I am in a very small town and it can be a pain going to Big Town.)

Thanks!
    Grace

bought mine on Amazon- got it in the mail in 3 days.
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Love it!!

I just got mine about 2 weeks ago. Before that tho I had the polar F7 so I upgraded mine.

In fact my F7 is still working just needs a replacement chest strap, the rest of it is ok. I just wanted the newer one lol
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    I just purchased the PolarFT7 on ebay, they have several more on there and prices are very reasonable I saved about $50.00!!!! I am so excited I cant wait to get it next week.:smile:
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it!!! I had a cheaper New Balance monitor before that and this one blows it away :)
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia band and use the Nike + system so I think I may be over doing the electronics for working out but I'm really tempted to get one.

LOL!!! This is my problem! I have my body bugg, My HRM & my droid x with MFP and cardio trainer on it. I use all four of them daily... A lot actually. I find that the more gadgets i have the more i can remind my self to stay on track!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i have one and love it! i've always gotten consistent readings and it's really easy to use!
  • nlhawthorne
    Options
    Absolutely love mine. Easy to use and seems accurate compared with how my body is feeling at various intensities. Wouldn't work out without it ever again :-D
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ever wonder if the generic calorie burn figures that MFP uses are accurate? I did, so finally, I bought an HRM. My wife, (MFP user: SMC_Chick) did, too. We both bought the same model but haven't compared notes on HRM vs MFP yet.

Today was my first day with the Polar FT7 HRM. Turns out that MFP's calorie burn was too generous. I need a realistic calorie burn so I know where I stand from day to day.

Today's example: 105 minutes on the elliptical. MFP says 1529 calories. Polar HRM says 1209 calories.

If, every day, I burn 300 calories less than I thought, that is over 2,000 extra calories I am carrying with me every week. Crikey!
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    Does this model have accurate readings when you are doing programs like P90x? Or is there another Polar that works better for those type of workouts? I was looking into the Polar FT40.