friends/ motivation... help

MrsEvers2Be
MrsEvers2Be Posts: 11
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I am on here hoping this helps me with my goal of loosing weight before I get married. Im looking for motivation... I work at the YMCA in the Early Learning Center and so I have decided to use my lunch break to work out.... I get about 30-45 minutes to work out that includes stretching 15-20 minutes on a elliptical and stretching and some situps and weights with my arms. I do this every day (mon-fri) (well I try to...) I also take a multivitmin that is supposed to help metabolism.... I do not get to plan my meals as good as I would like... I eat breakfast and lunch (and sometimes a small snack) at work with the children. For dinner I usually get what everyone else is having... so its a little hard....
I just want to know if anyone has tips to stay motivitated and keep going...

Before I started the routine above I had lost about 10 lbs in a month and a half or so... but I was working out for 45 mins before work and for 45 mins on my break everyday... this became too much for me and I no longer have time to do before work workouts....

Replies

• Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Hi!! Great to have you here. Feel free to friend me if you like. I hope you have a great weight loss journey. I know how hard it is to find time to workout. I have the same issue. I am trying to figure something out. Maybe we could help each other out with support.
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    Hey! Welcome to the site! I am new also. I love this place... it is amazing.

To help out with your lack of wiggle room with your meals, bring little snack baggies of healthy snacks. Something you could throw together in like 2 seconds... a few peanuts, unsalted... veggies like carrots, or celery- you burn calories trying to digest this tricky little guy.

Have you ever had flax seeds? They kinda have no taste. If you have a coffee grinder at home, or can buy them already ground up, (flax meal it is called), add that to food or a glass of water and it will help your body out a LOT. With eating bad foods often comes bad bowel movements, not saying that you have this... but, flax seeds are super rich in fiber and good oils and acids. They will help clean your system out of junk that isn't helping you shred those pesky pounds. And, your, excuse me, poop... well, it will be amazing.. .as far as that kinda thing goes!
    <3

Ummm... but, yeah. the snack bags. bring them in your purse, if you have one... or in your coat. When the little kiddos eat, just pull your snack bags out a supplement some of them in instead of a huge amount of whatever they are eating. Instead of a whole bowl of mac 'n' cheese or bunch of nuggets, only eat half what you normally would and snack throughout the day. At night... well, you gotta find a way to incorporate some healthier meals in.

I worked with my mum at a childcare facility, so I know that sometimes you get in the habit of eating crap while on the job. It sucks.

-edit-

ANDDD... About staying motivated. My boyfriend had an amazing idea for how to do that- take a few pictures of yourself now.. one to be at home, say on the fridge, if you can. A completely unflattering one,.. no special effects or twists of the body. Just a harsh real look at what you don't like about yourself. Take a few of yourself in a sports-bra and maybe shorts or undies, and keep looking at it once in a while. THAT will motivate you... if nothing else. Oh, and keep up the positive thoughts. Positive, but assertive- don't get mad, get glad! Push yourself because YOU want to be pushed...

Every little thing counts... lift the kids at work more... anything that involves movement is a big thing when it comes to weightloss.
    And, to make an *kitten* out of myself by assuming that you are sexually active... sex is a major workout. Half an hour of sex, on average, burns 144+ calories. If you are on top, you burn more.
    Other stuff too here: http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Sex-Relationships/Sex/8-Sexy-Ways-to-Burn-Calories.html

Hope this is helpful and not too overwhelming/creepy/assuming.. etc.

Add me if you like, of course!!! :D We can keep each other motivated.
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    I'm new too and this is my very first post! I wish there was a "like" button on here because the last reply by Ashleyn was right on.

I know it is hard to plan, but this is what I have found to be the best way I stay on track. I like to get out a healthy magazine out (I have so many unread ones around the house) and plan out the recipes that look good. I may have a full week menu and actually make less, but at least I feel like I have some sense of control. If you don't like to cook, maybe you can still use it to plan out what prepared types of foods you can buy.

Best of luck to you and to all replying!
  • anorrisdyer
    anorrisdyer Posts: 52 Member
    There really needs to be a "like" button! I keep looking for it... we should suggest it. lol.
This discussion has been closed.