who inspires you...

Options
larisadixon
larisadixon Posts: 201 Member
I have seen so many inspiring stories on here...but one of my fav is my bff newjmf. She inspires me everyday to continue going forward and pushing myself harder when I need it...so my question to all of you is who inspires you?

Replies

• newjmf
    newjmf Posts: 78
    Options
    YOU INSPIRE ME!!!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend when he compliments me on how well ive done, and tells me he can really tell
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    My son.. I want to be around a LONG time for him!
    My BF (kinda sorta not really, long story).. has run 5 NYC marathons and I so want to do the same!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    My sister. She lost 70 lbs and did it as a single mom with a full-time job. So there's no excuse for my fat butt.
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    so many people on this site inspire. My friend Emily who is on here inspires me. The people on the show Heavy inspire me. The success stories on here inspire. I inspire myself when I succeed in what I set out to accomplish.
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My whole family - I don't want to miss a moment! I already miss so many from distance, I don't need health to also become an issue!
  • Abbydixon
    Abbydixon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You inspire me :) because you have lost soo much weight and i know i can do the same, and you always encourage me to keep on moving and eating healthy :) Love you sis!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    my family & my workout partner(my girl).

WarDamnEagle!
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    My 2 BFF's, who I call my "Millies" inspire me every single day. They are both several years older than me, one of them just turned 50, and they both work out religiously. They both participated in 2 TohughMudder events (check out toughmudder.com) and regularly run 5k's. They are seriously amazing women. The 47-yr-old has lost over 100lbs, and is dedicated to keeping it off. They both encourage me to continue my journey. They THINK I'm gonna run with them this fall, and be more than just a spectator at the next mud event---but I have my doubts!

I am also inspired by my kids, to show them a good example.
    All of my new-found friends and co-MFP-ers inspire me to keep it up.
    The people on the show, Heavy, as someone else mentioned.

I also inspire myself. That might sound weird, or conceited, but there are so many things I'm doing that I wouldn't have before, and so many more things I want to do...when I look at the changes I've made in my life, and in my attitude, I know there is nothing I can't do!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Everyone on MFP inspire me!! All my MPF friends as well!! I am amazed at all the weight loss people have posted here in the message boards. Everyone is doing a fantastic job!!!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    All of the success stories inspire me. Especially newjmf pics. My only concern with this site is I wish the success stories would include specific ways that person loss the weight. When I lose, I want to tell a person some specific exercises, food choices, recipes, etc.
  • Brett_Alan
    Options
    simply put myself the idea of becoming what i should have always been
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    My girls and husband - along with my sister and brother in law. My husband started talking about a biggest loser type program locally that some of his co-workers had done in the fall and he wanted to sign up for the spring session. At the time we could only afford for 1 of us to join, so he did. He has shared all the information and we decided to make this lifestyle change for our health and as a family. As of 2 weeks ago he is down 38 pounds and myself 42, so it's obviously working. My sister is also down 38 and brother in law at least 30 gone.

My girls - because I want to run and play with them, not to mention I want to be here when they have my grandchildren (long way off, they are only 2 and 4)...
  • sheerjewel
    Options
    My best friend Jaselygirl inspires me. We have a friendly competition going on to help each other lose more weight. It's so awesome, I would never be able to do it without her help :happy:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    All of the success stories inspire me. Especially newjmf pics. My only concern with this site is I wish the success stories would include specific ways that person loss the weight. When I lose, I want to tell a person some specific exercises, food choices, recipes, etc.

See and I think that you know I lost my weight following this site, since I am ON THIS SITE. if that makes sense. I am always taken aback when people ask me " how did you do it" , I just assume you know that I did it by counting my calories, logging all my food, and working out . that is how I did it, that is what this site reccomends, and that is what I did.

So , take it from someone who has a huge success story , I just assume you know I followed MFP and lost 187 pounds. Calories in, Calories out. its as simple as that. :flowerforyou:
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    myself!!:drinker:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP every person that had a big loss....kept me going & inspired me to keep going myself, even if I had a bad day....I knew I wanted it bad enough to ge back on track.

I am very thinkful that I found this site & all my friends here!!

2639362.png
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    My father. He died last year from obesity related issues. My son, he was born a month before my dad died. And MFP'ers. They continue to amaze me with thier stories and support.
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My husband. :) I want to get back to where I was when we first met & I want to keep looking good for him later on. :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Anyone who has lost (or is losing) weight. Those who keep going even on bad days when the scale says they've gained or when they've eaten something they shouldn't have. Those who go to the gym instead of going out to dinner. People who know what they want and will fight to achieve it. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!