Football n Beer

Options
So I'ma huge football fan, Bears to be exact. I watch every football game that comes on. While watching football I like to drink my calories. This will be the first football season where I won't be able to drink like normal. NO Miller Lites for me, not even a Heiny... Gosh I'ma kinda depressed about this.

I'm sitting here watchin Da Bears playin it up and I'm drinkin water. OMG! I don't know how I'ma make it through this season. HELP!

Replies

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    So I'ma huge football fan, Bears to be exact. I watch every football game that comes on. While watching football I like to drink my calories. This will be the first football season where I won't be able to drink like normal. NO Miller Lites for me, not even a Heiny... Gosh I'ma kinda depressed about this.

I'm sitting here watchin Da Bears playin it up and I'm drinkin water. OMG! I don't know how I'ma make it through this season. HELP!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    OMG... I can so TOTALLY relate to just how am I gonna get thru the game? Seems that sports and beer were invented for each other, huh? One thing I have done, is switch to lite beer, and limit the intake to maybe the 2nd half of the game. Or switch off between water and beer. :glasses:
    I'm more of a college football fan, mainly 'cause I live in northern michigan, and refuse to root for the Lions, hehehe... nor am I a Packer fan (Brett Who?).
    Then, there is hoops to go thru as well, and I abso luv March Madness! Whew!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    well, if you plan for it, you can still have a few brews gametime.

For instance, if you're at home. Buy something like a mini-stepper.
    I have one, and just hop on it for a quarter, then give yourself 2 beers
    for the 2nd quarter, then do it again for the 3rd, then 2 more for the 4th.

If you're going out for the game, plan ahead, throw a few hundred extra
    calories of exercise in to your schedule. That should give you enough
    for 3 or 4 beers during the game. My michelob ultras are about 90 cals
    each, and they pretty much taste like any other light beer out there soo...
    I'll have 5 or 6 during a game, not great, but beforehand, I run for an hour,
    working for about 800 calories, so even though alcohol is bad calories,
    atleast I'm not going overboard, and my body will use most of em.

I mean, it's not the BEST solution, but it will keep you in the right frame of mind,
    and one bad night never killed anyone, just try to keep it to a minimum.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    Yeh, that's what I'ma have to try... This is still goin to be hard!

I do love how the only people that commented on my "issue" is the men. Sorry ladies!
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    I thought of the other thing that's goin to help. I stopped by liquor for my house. So I might have to watch the games at other peoples houses! :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    well, if you plan for it, you can still have a few brews gametime.

For instance, if you're at home. Buy something like a mini-stepper.
    I have one, and just hop on it for a quarter, then give yourself 2 beers
    for the 2nd quarter, then do it again for the 3rd, then 2 more for the 4th.

If you're going out for the game, plan ahead, throw a few hundred extra
    calories of exercise in to your schedule. That should give you enough
    for 3 or 4 beers during the game. My michelob ultras are about 90 cals
    each, and they pretty much taste like any other light beer out there soo...
    I'll have 5 or 6 during a game, not great, but beforehand, I run for an hour,
    working for about 800 calories, so even though alcohol is bad calories,
    atleast I'm not going overboard, and my body will use most of em.

I mean, it's not the BEST solution, but it will keep you in the right frame of mind,
    and one bad night never killed anyone, just try to keep it to a minimum.

Banks is so hardcore. :laugh: I loves him so.:love:

Crystal...I feel your pain sweetie...lol..and it seems the worse we (the Colts) do (which is hardly ever *ahem..lol) the more "lite " beer I drink. *high fives on the Miller Lite:bigsmile:

BUT......I have alloted my drinks now to flavored seltzer water and some Bacardi rum. Not the same, I know...but majorly less fattening with same effects.

Maybe I'll actually remember a boring game this year...LMBO!

:heart: U girl!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    LOL Crystal sweetness you know we love ya....I'm just not a liquid bread fan...sorry love....but you know....I love me some NE Pats baby! lol

my thing is the pickies during the game....I can have a very light wine spritzer and be happy ya know... but omg what to do about those darn salty foods and fatting dips....even lo cal its hard to moderate.....

I now will only cut up fruit and veggies watching the games....mindless picking is less harmless when its low cal and crunchy and good for ya LOL....

good luck w/ the brewskies though.....and let the games begin! woot!:drinker:

hugs!
    Ali
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am a baseball fan (Astros) I love a brew while watching "the men of summer".... my problem isn't the calories, but the bloat... always can gain a couple of pounds and inches during a stressful game.
    I don't exercise for the calories... just feel plain guilty and fat the next day.... I think the men have a better solution for the problem. Think I will quit being lazy and exercise before, during and after the game.
  • CrystalBella
    Options
    I did good... no Beer, just water and tea and I did go over by 173cals because I had a super pretzel oh well.. Still not to bad. lol
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Way ta go, you rock! It's all about progress, not perfection! :drinker: Now if only the Lions could figure out how to actually win a game?! :devil:
  • greeneggsam
    Options
    All I have to say is "Daaaahh Bears"... I was born in '85 in Chicago, so Bears fan-dom is in my blood! They can lose for 100 years like the Cubs, but I will always be a fan!

Regarding beer and diets, though, I tend to go for a light beer at kickoff to quench my beer-and-football craving, and switch to Diet Coke after that. I much prefer to CHEW my calories! Plus, I know that too many beers gets me into trouble with food anyway.

Best of luck and Go Bears! (even after their slow start last night)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Cackalacky Panthers fan here!!!

I plan on gaining 25 pounds this football season due to overindulgence on Guiness and Manda's amazing Mexican cooking.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    michaelstrahan.jpg

20070407230836!Bottle_of_Shiner_Bock.jpg

my favorite team (WOOT!),

and my favorite beer...

*sigh*

You better believe I'm going to crack open a few cold ones during football season.
  • Manda86
    Options
    i had no idea the picture was going to be that large.

My apologies.

:blushing:
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    i had no idea the picture was going to be that large.

My apologies.

:blushing:
    you better:angry:

:laugh: nah, i'm going to the pub on tuesday so i can deal with this craving for now:bigsmile:
  • Manda86
    Options
    darth-vader-bock.jpg

Shiner Bock... the official beer of Darth Vader.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    darth-vader-bock.jpg

Shiner Bock... the official beer of Darth Vader.

i can see why J loves
  • Manda86
    Options
    lol... among other things...
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Hmm...I always thought Vader would be more of a Guiness fan...but then seeing what a whiney little b*tch he was in the prequals, I understand now why he can't drink a real mans drink and has to stick to girl beer.
  • Manda86
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am unamused.