Anybody else slow to lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    If I have my goal set to lose 2 lbs per week why have I lost only 1lb per week? Just seems odd that the scale does'nt move down faster since I have a lot to lose!!!

This is why I asked what your settings are. 2lbs per week could be too much for you to be losing. What is your daily calorie goal?
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If I have my goal set to lose 2 lbs per week why have I lost only 1lb per week? Just seems odd that the scale does'nt move down faster since I have a lot to lose!!!

This is why I asked what your settings are. 2lbs per week could be too much for you to be losing. What is your daily calorie goal?
    \

1470 calories...should I change it to 1lb per week? Will I lose more? I weigh so much....should'nt I be losing the 2lbs? Ahhh! Frustrating!!
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    :happy: count your lucky stars girl!
    I eat well and exercise regularly (30 day shred 3 X per week and walk/ run 2X ) not including the exercise I get running after my kidlets!. I am on 1300 cals per day, and am usually under that. I am 9.8 lbs down in 15 weeks! It is super frustrating, and it is really hard to watch others lose much quicker - but it is coming!
    Keep your chin up girl!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

\

1470 calories...should I change it to 1lb per week? Will I lose more? I weigh so much....should'nt I be losing the 2lbs? Ahhh! Frustrating!!
    Honestly, the more you weigh the more you burn - both at rest and when working out. That's why MFP decreases your calorie goals as you lose. It couldn't hurt to try changing it to 1 lb. Or try changing your activity level, depending on what it's set on. I just changed mine from sedentary to lightly active since my daughter started crawling a couple months ago and it added 120 cals a day. When you work out are you using a HRM or going off the database/treadmill reading? That number can be way off, too. I don't know what I'd do without my HRM!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You know the old adage - SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE! It's frustrating, and I know you don't want to hear it, and either do I, but it's true :) 1 pound per week is right on target. When I get frustrated or discouraged by seeing others lose more quickly, I just remind myself that it didn't take 4 days, weeks, or months for me to gain the weight, so it's going to take a while to lose it. As long as the scale is moving in a DOWNWARD direction, it's a success, and we need to celebrate these successes! Every pound lost is a step towards healthier living! Keep it up!! :)