Skin issues

Options
I've been thinking a lot about my skin. I have lost 19 lbs in 2 months, and I'd like to lose about 40-50 more. I have some loose skin already from my pregnancy. I'm just concerned that my skin will not bounce back. I have terrible skin (thanks Mom) that gets stretch marks super easy. I apparently have little to no elasticity.
Has anyone out there lost 60+ lbs fairly quickly? How did your skin do? I have been overweight for at least 7-8 years. That will probably be a factor in it.
Did anyone do thermage or similar treatment for sagging skin?

Thanks!

Replies

• legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Well, The first time I lost 100 lbs in 6 months, the skin did really well. The key was to make sure that I stayed hydrated and exercised all the time. Other than my tummy, everything was pretty good. Tummies after pregnancy just have their own difficulites. The 2nd time I lost that amount (the last time) I wasn't able to exercise while I was losing because of an injury. It was not as good a result. It could also be that I had already gone back up and down again, but From what I have heard and seen, the younger you are, the easier your skin will bounce back, and exercise is a must!

Good luck!
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    Yeah, I'm hoping I get to start exercising soon. I'm in a medical weight loss program and i'm only getting 600-800 cal/ day. I think they're going to up my calories & carbs next week. I'm 27, so hopefully you're right and age will be on my side! Thanks for your imput!
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    That is how I did it the first time too. SO Keep it up. My advice to you is make sure you engrain exercise really good into your program because it will be very important in being able to keep the weight off after your done. I didn't do that and paid a big price :)
  • Clarina1980
    Options
    This is also something i'm worried about. I also inherited bad skin from my mum and know i'm going to have loose skin around my belly. As said, I think the exercise is a must and keeping the skin in good condition, drinking plenty of water and moisturising regularly.

Despite all this, I know to have a flat belly I would need a tummy tuck. Unfortunately it's the genes I was given lol. Even my aunt who has always been a size 10, has the tummy issues, but yet there are people in mags that have lost huge amounts and look great and toned.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    , I know to have a flat belly I would need a tummy tuck.
    Ditto. My boyfriend keeps saying I won't, but I didn't have "tight" fat skin to begin with. It was saggy fat, and I have 150 lbs to lose so there's no way I won't have saggy skin.

But yes I've hear TONS of water works wonders along with exercise and moisturizer.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I used cocoa butter lotion when my gallbladder failed and I puffed up like a blowfish. It really helped reduce the severity of the marking, and my skin is bouncing back.