anyone own a pair of Brooks running shoes?

Options
Since I have started losing weight I would like to take up jogging and eventually running.
I need good shoes to support my feet because I have plantar fascitis.....
I went to look for some shoes today and told the man at the shoe store about my
feet, he put me on one of those machines that checks to see what kind of shoes
you need. He recommeded the Brooks.
I am just wanting to know if anyone has a pair and what you think about them before
I go and spend nearly 100$ on a pair of shoes.
I would love to hear your opinion....:blushing:

Replies

• miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have Brooks Ariels and I love them. I had previously been using a $40 pair of New Balance cross trainers I got at DSW and these are SO much more comfortable to run in. I got the Ariels at a running store after a fitting/evaluation and paid a little over $100. But if you know which ones they recommended you can look online for a deal. Mine are selling in my size at Amazon now for $72.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I have used Brooks Beast shoes before and have nothing but good things to say about them. I am a heavier runner and I pronate badly. These shoes are da bomb!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've been running in Brooks for awhile now and LOVE them!!!! It's important to have good running shoes and Brooks makes a good shoe, well worth the money!!! Happy Running :smile:
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have plantar fascitis too! It is so painful!!!! Although mine is much better now, my feet still hurt after walking a long way. I have a friend who recommended Brooks - but I have not gone to try them on or anything yet. I don't really want to pay nearly $100 for a pair of shoes either! But I will be doing a lot of walking in June, so I have been seriously considering it! I will be intersested to see other opinions!
  • boldimp
    boldimp Posts: 17
    Options
    I only wear Brooks. I love them. I'm on a tight budget though so I find a pair I like at a store and try them on to make sure they fit then I go online and price search stores to find the cheapest price and order them. It may take a week to get them but I bought a pair of Brooks a few months ago for $29.99 that retailed for $100.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Brooks!! I've run in Asicis and Adidas and liked them at the time. But once I tried Brooks, I will never run in anything elsee. Mine were 100+, but worth every penny!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for the comments! :happy:
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I only wear Brooks. I love them. I'm on a tight budget though so I find a pair I like at a store and try them on to make sure they fit then I go online and price search stores to find the cheapest price and order them. It may take a week to get them but I bought a pair of Brooks a few months ago for $29.99 that retailed for $100.
    Thats awesome! Do you mind if I ask what website your ordered from?
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I don't know where others have gotten them but I just bought a pair of sneakers for a really good deal at KellysRunningWarehouse.com. Good luck!
  • cherylwhite
    cherylwhite Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My son is a cross country runner and has worn only Brooks Adrenalin for 7 years now. He has gone through quite a few pairs but puts ALOT of miles on each one!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I have a pair & personally I like them just as well as my $30 pair of black champions.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    I ended up with some injuries and got put in Brooks, which really helped. The key is to get the right shoe that is comfortable regardless of the brand. My husband wears Asics, other friends have other shoes, it all depends on what we need and fits right. For the first shoe check and see if they have a return policy, the store I worked with does although it's not really advertised. They took back one pair after I'd put almost 200 miles on it, and I started having problems. It took 3 shoes before I got the Brooks, which seem to do the best for me. For that type of service $100 was cheep. Now that I know what will work on me, I have no problem buying on-line. But, if I end up with any problems I'll go back to them.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    not sure it helps unless you have my same feet, but I'm a loyal brooks wearer

I've run over 16,000 miles in Brooks Adrenaline GTS (4, 5, 7, 8, 9 & 10) over the past 8.5 years
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    What works for me, may or may not work for you. Go to a running store and get your gait analyzed. It made all the difference in the world with the correct type and size. He had me into a size larger than I measured. Apparently your feet swell with exercise and you need a size larger. Once you know what type of running shoe you need, you can buy them anywhere.
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    Go to a runnign store and find out what type of running shoe you need. You may need shoes with more support if you pronate. They will be able to help you. I've run with Aasics and Saucony and I love them both, though I'm partial to my Sauconys. You can sometimes find some good deals at runningwarehouse.com. I just bought a pair of Sauconys for $46 on a closeout sale!
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I also have a problem with pronation, so I went to my local running store to get expert advice. They had me run in the shoes I was training with, then compared how my run looked in all kind sof other brands. There were other options that seemed to correct the pronation, but I found the Brook's the most comfortable and don't buy anything else. Now that I know what brand/type to get I scour for good prices, but they're totally worth $110 for all the knee and ankle pain the save me from. I think its really worthwhile to go to a knowledgeable source the first time you buy proper shoes.
  • rawganica143
    Options
    100$ is NOT too much money to pay for your shoes!

If you are really in a jam but them at REI, you can return them "forever".

So in 6 months you can return them and get a brand new pair!