was gonna lie on my intake

Options
Well I almost didn't log all my food. Got to my limit then had another protein shake and fruit. Don't like seeing being over but figure should be honest.then it was another yogurt, more oatmeal. find myself not logging all that extra cheating. then i sit guilty and figure who am i fooling, myself. then i think in my head, its ok...ur zig zagging them. or its ok, ur week intake is down so itll even out. i just i find myself doing good all day long, then i get home eat my supper and after its like k, bored. im awake, and theres food sitting there...fruit, its healthy, same with yogurt, and veggies...next thing i know im way over. i think maybe i should make my supper meal bigger so im more satisfied, at least i never ate all those chips and chinese food my family had that was sitting there right?

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Or make supper smaller so you have calories left when you get hungry later.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker also. I either workout or I eat a small supper and snack away! nothing wrong with keeping your metabolism up!
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When you're bored and awake instead of going for the food do some sort of exercise. Jog in place for 10 minutes then if you still want something to eat you have a bit of extra calories to eat.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being accountable-- I think that we have all been tempted to not record. I think it takes determination and motivation to say that and mark it ALL down. Good for you.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Foe this to work you have to be honest...with yourself. You can do it either way...a large supper to hold you over until bed.....or eat lighter & have a evening snack.

2639362.png
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Good girl! You can record anything you like - but the scale knows and so do you! Keep up the good work and hang with the wonderful accountability of MFP!!!
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ur only over because ur goal intake is so low, I eat a minimum of 1800 cals daily and never gain. Don't feel guilty, check and see what ur intake is when u just want to maintain. If you go over that number then feel guilty :) on Wednesday I had 2600 cals and still maintained, less isn't always better
  • funky_stripes
    funky_stripes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Well I usually only have a chicken breast or small salad or small bowl of oatmeal for supper, seems this usually happens on weekends when I'm up later and home
  • pmaxfeldt
    pmaxfeldt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I mark it all down... and I am proud of my self for doing that everyday, (with God's help of course). I like it best when I don't go over my limit but I am building a lifestyle here, not a prison. Sometimes stuff happens. Unfortunately, sometimes it happens for a week at a time. But I find that if I keep putting it ALL in, ALL the time, I get back on track faster.
    You keep up the good work. It's not really as much about loosing weight as it is about gaining a healthy lifestyle that we can continue from here on out. If we do that then the weight will take care of itself.

I read this on a sign at the YMCA the other day and love it! ...

:flowerforyou: Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :wink: A few weeks ago, I was not logging correctly either. But my reason was just plain laziness. Sometimes I would have a snack after I had already logged everything and shut my laptop down and didn't want to bother with logging in again. I wondered why the scale slowed down and then I remembered all those snacks I didn't log. So now, no matter how tired I am, if I have a snack, I log it!
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    It says my calories should be 1200.... Is that a glitch then? Or is it right should I keep it at 1200
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    I think we all get tempted to leave some lil things out of our food diary at times n think oh hey it was just 1 cookie...but I believe every lil thing counts n if ur over then u know how hard u have to work for the calories over :)
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good for you for choosing HEALTHY snacks instead of junk! Even if you are over!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    You can lie on MFP. but you can't fool your body.

Even if you aren't making your goals exactly it's a really good idea to be honest about what your putting into you body so that when you get the where-with-all you can make adjustments base on what you are actually eating.
    It says my calories should be 1200.... Is that a glitch then? Or is it right should I keep it at 1200

When I was stress over making my target. I gave myself a range with 1200 cal at the bottom of my range, lose 1 lb/wk as my target and my Maintain my GOAL weight as my high-end. I know as long as I stayed in that range I'd be losing at a nice slow pace.

I also calculated my maintain current weight & knew that as long as I didn't go over that I shouldn't be gaining weight. This helped relax and stick to it.
  • pmaxfeldt
    pmaxfeldt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    like like like like like
    healthy snacks vs junk
    junk makes me feel yucky!!! if I eat healthy, I feel better... Even if I go over.

I also like like like the comment about having a range. I do that too... I have mine set at 1200 a day and if I do that, I can loose 2 lbs a week... I am ok with loosing 1 lb a week and I can also deal with staying the same... gaining on the other hand - that I don't handle as well... or maybe I do, at least I am motivated to get back on track. The whole thing is LIFESTYLE!!! I am grateful I have a way to track what I put in. Period. If I don't track, I become a SEE FOOD eater.

I try to keep it under of even on a daily basis, but I like knowing that if I do mess up, I can forget it and move on, oooor the next day if I want to, I can actually make up for it with more exercise. I can't 'un-eat', but at least I can move!
    Blessings!!!
  • funky_stripes
    Options
    I think I need to find somethin new to do with my hands to keep them busy instead of eating, I used to crochet I could try that or read I get into the book n dont think of snacking