What Empowers You?

Options
I was curious to know what keeps you all going with this health/lifestyle committment. (Please keep the answers clean...) Do you have motivational quotes? Notes everywhere that remind you of why you're doing this or how far you've come? Pictures? Things you've bought?

Replies

• LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Goals that I have made for myself along my weight-loss journey. :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    knowledge is power so I have a lot of fitness books at every corner and room of my home...so I never forget to be fit:happy:
  • Ashley06118
    Options
    I keep my blog to help keep me motivated. Before I slip I up I remember that whatever I do I have to write about it later and log my calories. Knowing that other people can read it (even if no one really does) makes me work harder so I can try to have more good days than bad to write about. I also try to find a positive quote every day and a health tip to close my post off with. I also made a list of the reasons I want to los weight and I carry it in my pocket so I know it's there when I'm tempted.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I am motivated by the success of others on here because if other people who have alot more weight to lose than I do can make a change for the better then I certainly can!

As for a motivational quote I like " Look where you are going, not where you have been" because to me that can mean stop dwelling on the past and concentrate on moving forward.

Best of luck
  • NicoleYates
    Options
    i want to be able to have children someday.... and being morbidly obese is making it impossible for me ovulate... i want to get at least into the "overweight" range, so i can hopefully conceive! Also, I have a picture of me from high school, taken around 10 years ago.... back when i thought i was fat... i wore a 12.... that's really my motivation. I want to be a size 12.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have 2 daughters, I want to be a good role model for them, not obsessed, just healthy, and be around for a long, long time, having fun and being active.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    As cliche as this sounds, I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I want to stop running into people and being concerned about what they're thinking of how much weight I've gained. I want to not be the biggest girl in the room. I want to be pretty again. I used to be and then I wasn't and not feeling pretty ever really sucks. I was never beautiful, but feeling patently unattractive is awful.

Also, I have 2 children and I've invested a lot of energy into raising them. It would kill me (literally and figuratively) not to know what type of people they become.
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthy. When I eat poorly, I feel poorly. It wasn't like this when I was younger, but it is now. There is an immediate effect so in that sense it's easy to stay motivated.
  • determined3138
    Options
    I have taped across the top of my computer a quote from Jillian Michaels, "All you have to do is exercise, eat right, shut up, and listen to me!" LOL

Another affirmation I like is, "I treasure my physical being." I like that one because it is in the now. Not I'll be happy when I lose 25 lbs, but I give acknowledgement to what works with my body NOW.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'm loving reading all of your motivations.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm very goal oriented. I like setting short term and long term goals.
    I don't progress unless I'm constantly striving for something.