Cardio ideas for beginners???

Options
ok so i just started mfp yesterday and started my journey to lose 80 pounds on monday so need less to say i need Cardio ideas that are fun and easy to do i have tried tae bo but it is to intense for me right now since im jsut starting yesterday and today i have just tried dancing for about 30 with a few intervals in between to attend to my son and it help not to get me too tired easily but i would love to swith it up so every day is something a little different for the whole week and then repeat again the next

what type of cardio did you start with and for how long?

Thanks in Advance

Replies

• momma2jaiden
    Options
    ok so i just started mfp yesterday and started my journey to lose 80 pounds on monday so need less to say i need Cardio ideas that are fun and easy to do i have tried tae bo but it is to intense for me right now since im jsut starting yesterday and today i have just tried dancing for about 30 with a few intervals in between to attend to my son and it help not to get me too tired easily but i would love to swith it up so every day is something a little different for the whole week and then repeat again the next

what type of cardio did you start with and for how long?

Thanks in Advance
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the treadmill? You can work up the speed/time/incline at your own pace. Before I joined a gym, I jogged/walked outside. I really enjoyed it. I eventually joined a gym, because I don't jog in the rain, and I won't jog after dark.

Sometime I would see women (and men) jogging with these special strollers. I don't have children, so I can't give you details...I found this website http://www.joggingstroller.com/?sNav=2.

Good Luck
  • jamdblake4
    jamdblake4 Posts: 179
    Options
    start with just plan old walking just get some tunes and head out it's summer enjoy
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    First of all...hello and welcome!!! You will find all the support, help, and ideas here you need to begin and keep going!

You didn't say so I' m not sure if you are looking for ideas to do at home, outside, or at a gym. I personally can not exercise at home so I have a Y memebership that I use like nobodys business. I would begin by walking (treadmill or outside), biking or using an elliptical (my fav). Just start slow and increase as you feel ready. And if you like music...use it!!! I could not get through a workout without my ipod.

I'm sure others will have more elaborate help, but here are my basic ideas. Best of luck!!!! :drinker:
  • momma2jaiden
    Options
    Thanks for your Replys right now i can only do home based things since i dont have anyone to look after my son my hubby doesnt come home till late and i cant drive so im pretty much stuck at home i find that dancing is a great stress realiever and quite a workout for me has anybody here tried the Zumba workout? im curious about it i just recently heard about it from a friend
  • karibyler
    Options
    The treadmill is boring to me. I used my kids as resistance during their playtime which ended up being my work out time. Jumping rope helped me when mine were babies. I could do it quick and then stop when needed. It usually got my heart rate going enough that I didn't have to worry about my down time or breaks tending to a child being wasteful. It was more like interval training.