Fruit and Veg

Katherine1687
Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone,

I really want to eat healthy food and make this a lifestyle change rather than a diet BUT........

I don't actually like fruit and veg!!

I think this may have something to do with the texture of the fruit/veg.

Has anyone else had the same problem and have you managed to train yourself to like them. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Luv Kat

:smile:

Replies

• Are you sure you hate ALL fruit and ALL veg?

Maybe there's something you havn't tried yet that you might end up liking. :) You can also alter the cooking methods.

I wasn't used to eating much fruit and veg, but I definitely trained myself to choose it over fatty food and I felt a lot better for it!
  • bbear690
    bbear690 Posts: 22
    you can blend carrots and broccoli etc, mix them into mash?
  • bbear690
    bbear690 Posts: 22
    sweet potatoe oven chips?
  • Nenor1234
    Nenor1234 Posts: 10 Member
    My hubby really doesnt like fruit and veg. Especially veg. He has a smoothie everyday with a little broccoli and a carrott and some frozen berries. He doesn't really enjoy it but it gets some green stuff in the system and it's a start? He's never really eaten anything green before so I am so, so pleased;-)
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    To say you don't like the texture of all fruits and vegetables is surprising, as there is a wide variety of textures in the class of foods and depending on how you prepare them, there can be an even wider array.

How about you list your top 3 and least favorite 3 from each fruit and vegetable? Even if your favorite is "I don't hate this". It would give us something to work with.
  • jimjamsjet
    jimjamsjet Posts: 57 Member
    I was the same but I sucked it up and forced myself to eat them until my body adjusted to it and decided it liked them.
This discussion has been closed.