I just don't get it

lottieuk75
lottieuk75 Posts: 15 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Nearly a year ago I took up jogging/running as I stopped smoking at the same time I came accross this app and although intailly I lost about 1/2 stone my goal is 145-140lbs, for quite a while now i have'nt seen any loss i just keep bouncing up and down by around 3-4 lbs every month.

I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong not eating enough or eating too much, i must admit since i started excersing i do find the you need more calories etc a tad confusing. My profile should be open to view and I would be really gratefull if I could have some freash eyes and tips as to where I might be going wrong.

Thanks Clare

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    It seems when people get stuck on a plateau they usually need to mix up their routine a bit . . .throw in some weight training, Juggle your calories, eat more lean protein or such . . .the body gets used to the same stuff and grows comfortable.
  • njoytheride
    njoytheride Posts: 9 Member
    I didn't see any REAL food on your diary except an apple & some potato.
    Adding greens adds enzymes, for digestion. Just better for your health all ways round.
    You have lots of carbs. Some people just need to cut the carbs to lose weight. Try eliminating the white bread, rice crackers, etc.
    Maybe you could add just 1 romaine lettuce leaf to your lunch, a chopped salad of tomato, cucumber, feta cheese at dinner? Something tasty, something you like, but fresh, real food?
    Chicken & vegetables
    Fish & vegetables
    Lamb chop & vegetables
    Turkey & vegetables
    Sausage + peppers
    Beef stew with lots of vegetables
    Eggs on spinach
    Eggs + some sauteed, grated zuchinni
    Big salad with grilled or sauteed chicken on top
    Pasta with broccolinni, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic
    Whatever you have to do to get those veggies in there!

I recommend reading the research parts of Atkins diet, The Zone, and/or South Beach Diet.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Just looked through a few days of your diary.... it's not too bad but it could be better!

There's not a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables in your days... I see one day you've got takeaway chips, and it's down as 100g, make sure you're logging correctly as 100g of takeaway chips will be about 5! If you had a full small portion, you could easily treble the 100g calorie figure! (I'm not saying this is what you did, but it could be a reason for a stall in weightloss)

Also, with the quick added calories it's hard to see where you're getting your calories from. If that's 600 quick added calories of fruit and veg, then great! If it's chocolate, it could be stalling your attempts!

Try and change your diet to include more variety, more fruit and veg and make sure you're getting your 8 glasses of water!

Changing up your exercise might help too, still do your running but throw in a few weight lifting sessions and maybe some swimming, just to challenge different muscle groups. Maybe try a few classes like Zumba or body pump!
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Is your diary really aaccurate? Do you drink NO water.... if so.. start drinking.. at least try to get 6 glasses a day... This is a hugh part of weight loss and good for you for soo many reasons!!!!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    hi
    most "diets" fail due to their very purpose - im going to diet, im going on a diet
    now we all get up in the morning full of good intentions - we eat a light breakfast, a light lunch then a huge evening meal before we sit in front of the tv and veg out get bored and snack - sound familiar - i have done this !

try and increase the breakfast you are having - first meal of the day and gets you fired up for the rest of the day - special k is full of salt and sugar and really is not as good as the marketing pacaging says ( my nutritionist said I should eat this if im away from home and there is no other alternative)

try some rolled oats ( traditional porridge, make it with your skimmed milk ) and add some banana, tinned fruit in juice not syrup( I presume you are in UK ) and try and keep an accurate diary - really look at what you are eating - you will be surprised - be honest with yourself for one week - just record all you eat and drink and then look back at the end of the week !

start there and then review your goals - write them down, put them here then you can refresh yourself when you feel hungry! Its hard to break those habits - but patience will result in success - set little goals that you can win!
    all the best and add me as a friend if you want someone to chat to
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Is your diary really aaccurate? Do you drink NO water.... if so.. start drinking.. at least try to get 6 glasses a day... This is a hugh part of weight loss and good for you for soo many reasons!!!!
    Lol, obviously they drink water and don't log it. I don't log my water either because I'm not bothered but I know I'm getting enough as I drink a lot.
This discussion has been closed.